Razer rgb w/o synapse on linux

to be start i dunno if this falls in software or blogging so here it is

after owning a Razer blade stealth (early 2017) for much time i took the dive into linux with my desktop and it was my stealths turn but getting the rgb to work was a yuge goal.
there are some projects out (openrazer) there for getting rgb working already but they have limited support in controlling the rbg usb devices. the razer blade stealth early 2017 is not supported but it uses the exact same lighting controller as the 2016 late model which is supported.

so after figuring out how to fake vid:pid (vendor id : product id) i got the keyboard to respond to openrazer. same with my core which had no issues being seen by openrazer.
after that you find open razer is a cli bit of software. there are 3 projects working to make gui’s for open razer polychromatic was my first attempt and ohh buyum was i in for a ride of incompleteness.

after figuring out that polychromatic was attempting to find the vid:pid its self it would not work with the blade stealth.
razer genie one of the other options worked instantly with both the blade stealth and the core getting the rgb to sync and have all the effects you know from razer w/o synapse or a login to use the rgb.

https://openrazer.github.io/

now attempting to get polychromatic to work. i ran into some issues for polychromatic requiring secure boot to be turned off as the control for the rgb device is through the driver and razer rgb control is locked behind secure boot… fun
looks more like a openrazer issue with secure boot just for ubuntu more fun

God how much can they steal from apple, chassis design and now naming

On the real there are a few things that I linked in the lounge any of that help?

1 Like

nah none, had been reading documentation and on their support pages to get most of this working. its a pain getting the core to light up with polychromatic, now is hell

Razer makes enough profit they can totally support linux but I guess Blizzard does too but thats not happening anytime soon

they want that personal data though, why do you need a login to use local rgb controls? not with openrazer

1 Like

Because they want to know their demographics as much as possible to better target adds and make money off data possibly(probably not)

just sell the data… ltt is perfect free marketing for them and has all the demographics for them and all the other youtubers who shill w/o getting paid from razer unknowingly. you show a device or a logo w/o getting paid thats free ad space for the product.
reason you never see water bottles with brands unless they are paid to be there

so after a while i have had some issues “sleep mode” is unreliable as fuck
the backlight just stops
the “deamon” crashes left and right
i need to fix the usb VID:PID spoof :thinking: