Razer mouse customizablility on linux

I really want to be able to change the keys on the side of my Razer Hyperspeed V2 on the fly on linux, and I would love the ablility to do what synapse does and change the keybindings on program switch, but unfortuntely no programs on linux support my mouse which is a shame because it was a really good price for what it is.

My Razer mouse was not a good price for what it is since it’s one of the most expensive products the company sells. It weighs so little people have thought it was a toy, not a real peripheral. It was supposed to be wireless, but using it that way, it tends to become unresponsive due to … I don’t know what, honestly. As usual, the driver for the things is entirely reverse-engineered and the various sysfs things that exist to control it don’t actually do so because understanding of the protocol is so limited.

Razer of course has no interest in documenting their hardware. For a mouse. With “one” LED, seven buttons, a wheel, and the ability to change DPI. This is apparently too much to ask for.

Logitech has a similar product in the same price category … I don’t know that they’re any better than Razer for providing documentation, but at least I could use it without having it plugged in, since that was the feature I paid so much for: Ultralight and wireless.

2 Likes