Random Hardware Postings and Discussions

1 Like

Is that a nano? Never seen that cooler before from AMD but have seen it on the sapphire Fury.

i think it’s a sapphire vega

Better cooler than blower, would be nice to see reference cards with multiple fans again. Looks good. And that is a tiny PCB, the extended cooler should work quite well with the said being able to blow straight through and get carried away by case flow, some good heat pipes and it could be really good at keeping it very cool.

1 Like

It’s still an accomplishment. Nearly all technological advances are completely unaffordable to the consumer or small businesses upon introduction. Give it time, it’ll be common before you know it and then we’ll be talking about exabytes.

Interesting, that is a ton of contextual stuff. All the same actions doing tons of different things. I imagine it works quite well but nothing was even close to be explained by their advertising as to how it works or is integrated or how you switch anything. They made it look like it does literally everything when I am sure you will have to pair it up with other inputs.

Probably some nice bloated drivers.

1 Like

I want those so much :heart_eyes: (if I win 2000$) (I’m kinda a audio-technica fan boy and would find them a good upgrade to my ath-ad900x)

1 Like

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11883/gigabyte-releases-aorus-gtx-1080-gaming-box

Nice to see them implement a USB hub on this new version. Looks like they’re using the heatsink from the mini cooler with a 120mm fan. Should mean it’s quite quiet.

1 Like
1 Like

Emmm don’t really feel like starting a new thread just for this but who’s heard of any progress on @wendell’s $300 KVM?

In the level1 store next month. Will put up the preorder page shortly.

5 Likes

I’ve always wanted to get ahold of a few of those screen setups for a project. Sadly enterprise gear is absurdly expensive.

Cool shit, I for one welcome out Robotic Gymanstic overlords.

Also yellow, becuase yellow us the best colour.

What is the benefit of a robot being able to perform a backflip?

None that I can think if practically, but that it is able to process and stabilise such a maneuver is impressive and probably lends it self to quicker and more accurate movements. So a backflip is not really useful but the mechanisms that make it possible would also contribute to its general running better.

To kick your human ass in hand to hand combat. Although it’s not for your benefit…

Sound output of 30,000 watts, could be heard 40Km away, powered by a Dodge Hemi V8 running on propane, was the loudest air raid siren ever made. Heheheheehehehe!

4 Likes