RAM Compatibilty. What should I buy?

I have a....
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Model P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155)

And I am looking for some new ram as one of my sticks just died. I would like a 4 stick 32GB set at the best possible frequency supported by my board.

I was thinking about this although it is currently out of stock but it is around the right price.

Any suggestions?

What is your processor? Make sure that it supports 1.5v RAM cause if it doesn't then it might kill your processor. Buy any aesthetically pleasing RAM as speed doesn't matter except in 'certain' workloads. If you don't know what they are then you don't need them.

I will check the possessor when I am home.

I have a closed case and don't care about aesthetics.

I clicked on this one as they are on deal down from £250

My partner dose a lot of graphic design projects and often has projects open that exceed 12GB of ram so the size is to allow her to work on multiple open projects.

Kingston HyperX Fury ram is good quality, likes overclocking and is more affordable than the Corsair Ram.

the have 1866 kits in their range

The easiest way to figure out what to buy is to check the memory list supplied for your motherboard. The modules listed will have been tested by the board manufacturer themselves for compatibility.

List for your specific motherboard \/
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8Z77-V_LE/Z77_memory_report.pdf

Having said that, I find that RAM is RAM is RAM. Figure out the size you want and pick your brand. I personally like G.Skill and Crucial/Micron, but that's not to say other brands aren't good.

1 Like

I have 4x8GB Ballistix DDR3L. Best sticks for latency, IMO

I got mine to do 2133MHz @ 1.55v w/ 9-9-9-27 CR1

I second the suggestion that you buy only those exact models listed in the QVL for your exact mainboard.
However, I wasn't aware of any problems with DDR3 compatibility.