R9 fury for about 250-300 on ebay or a gtx 1070 for about 370?

Oh I totally agree with you. It isn't just Fury either. GCN as a whole is a much more complicated and advanced architecture than anything nVidia has come up with. That being said, still can't recommend a Fury mainly because of that memory issue. Kinda sucks but it is what it is.

Vega hype.

2 Likes

don't get any of them...

1070 will be even cheaper soon because of 1080ti and Vega. Thus if you can hold in for aprox. 2 months your choice will be much better and you'll spend less.
(that msi 1070 has poor cooling)

1 Like

Even on the sites for each game, they don't list the settings.
And as I said before, there is no game that you can't play in 1080p on high settings with a Fury.
250,- for that level of performance is a bargain.

Vega is going to be HBM2 all the way...

1 Like

I have a 28 inch Korean 4k monitor

You can get a Fury X for like $320 new on newegg last I saw

I'd grab an RX 480 8gb for 1080p ultra/4k medium and wait/save for Vega/1080ti in that case

Thats also debatable, dx12 games can be well optimized.

They can be. Haven't seen one yet though.

I don't care about new. everything I have (xeon server, main rig, monitors) are referb or used

I've had 3 rx 480's, and I dont like that I cant use afterburner, and the last time I checked the fury is 25 percent faster on average

what's wrong with Wattman?

otherwise faster yes, but not really 4k capable either, and you're limited to 4gbs of VRAM, depends on the use case though

The Fury X was $350 with a useless mail in rebate, just nice to have the water cooling for not much more if you're going Fury
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150742&cm_re=Fury_X-_-14-150-742-_-Product

There is a lot wrong with wattman, If i have to do a force base clock on a card to get it to preform properly out of the box, there is a problem. Also I don't want a furyx as a normal fury is very close to being as fast as a furyx.

R9 Fury would be a better choice for $250 than a GTX 1070 for $380, not that a GTX 1070 for $380 is bad or anything, it's actually really good.

1 Like

next gen amd or nvidia 8gig vram cards at 4k

If you wait a couple of months ? I think your choices will be better.