Quiet PSU recommendation

Hey guys,
Following lines may sound a little bit strange as for most of the people, so don’t judge immediately :slight_smile:

I am using the deep learning rig and after I added the second RTX 3090, which required the new PSU of 1600W I am having troubles with the sound of the PSUs. I understand that the 1.6KW PSU must be loud, but it is not the loudness that bothers me but a certain “squeel” sound.

I used Seasonic prime px1600, and with this psu, the “squeel” sound was continuous. Then I replaced it with Be Quiet Dark Power 12 Pro 1.5KW and with that one, sound was discrete, I mean it would appear with slight breaks.

Any of you guys have the idea what part of PSU actually generate that noise, and can you recommend me the PSU alternative which would be without that noise :slight_smile: The noise is low when the system is in idle mode, but when I put load on system, the intensity increases…

Thanks-

Hi there.
Yeah so first thing you have to check out Google for " Bequiet rattle " they have issues with the fan bearing itself on 13 or even 12ishs psus.
Iam a big fan of be quiet and just had a perfect support experience these days. Highly recommended.
Anyway i ended up with the corsair hx1500i and it’s dead silent. I mean it basically is not generating any noise whatsoever.
I run a threadripper plus 1070.
So not too much for the psu yet.

Yeah, I googled and saw the video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb28DJlLDPs Although I am not completely certain this is my problem exactly…my noise is closer to the white noise with seasonic, and white noise with breaks in bequiet…

1 Like

if you live in country with 100~120v end point grid its very hard to find a quiet 1600W psu becuz its going to dump at least 200W heat all the time. most psu nowadays are basically silent around 40-50% load so if you want to achieve that the only option would be lianli o11 dynamic razer edition with 2 psu.

Yeah that would sound like an option but I have read many reviews of people not recommending dual psu.

yeah its not an ideal way. i guess its ok for nas and such but for gpu its getting a bit tricky with having 2 power source feeding the same card (pcie power and external connectors)

Sounds like coil whine, I occasionally hear it coming from cheap OEM power supplies and it does change with load.