Questions about Enmotus FuzeDrive NVME SSD

I have a 2TB 970 EVO, after about 8 months of normal use the write speeds have been nearly halved. Since the first day of the build it has always had the recommended 186GB OP partition, and still has > 400GB free on the normal partition. I don’t really need more storage space, but a little more wouldn’t hurt.

I’ve been considering getting an Aorus Gen4 drive, moving all the data over and using the EVO as secondary. But am I understanding this video correctly in that if I get this drive instead it’ll be nearly as fast as the Aorus Gen4 while also extending the lifetime/storage space of my existing boot drive?

Does this also imply that I wouldn’t have to transfer all my main files over? Including OS files?

Finally last series of questions though semi irrelevant. When installing my second NVME drive, does it matter which slot is used on the motherboard? Meaning, do they have shared PCI-e lanes so it makes no difference to begin with? Or is this entirely motherboard dependent and I should RTFM? (ASUS ROG Strix X570 I-Gaming)

400GB is about 1/4 the space free so the more full it is the slower it is so idk if its still goes by % on the bigger drives or not

Gen4 are faster at bigger file transfers but not a bunch of tiny operations
anything thats not in the first M.2 or x16 slot is through the chipset unless its bifurcated through the first x16 slot
check your motherboard manaul

Yep, I just finished RTFM. It seems regardless of config both m.2 slots are x4. Though it doesn’t address anything about bifurcation vs chipset…

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.