Question Regarding Streaming

I need help with streaming.

I have two computers and I would like to use one for gaming and one for streaming.

If I use a 2.5k monitor on my gaming PC , Will I need a capture card that supports 2.5k and that will downscale it ? Or how will that work?

Can someone point me in the right direction please,

Thanks,

Idylhours

We'll need more info on your gaming build.  I wouldn't suggest streaming with a second computer because you'll just waste electricity and there's going to be most likely be sync problems with video/audio. Though i would suggest to have a second monitor because capturing with one monitor sometimes is a pain, it's good to have the second monitor to do all the work while the first monitor streams.

If you have a really good graphics card and a good processor, then i would recommend just use an streaming program like OBS or xsplit and stream out of the card.  If that's a problem maybe an aver media capture card would suffice.  I can't really give a good suggestion of one or another until we know your computers set up

Alright my gaming PC I am using now is

CPU: I5 3570k oc 4.4ghz / MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16gb/1866mhz GPU: (2) GTX 670 FTW+ PSU: Corsair HX 850W Storage: Samsung 250gb SSD / 2TB Caviar Green

My 2nd PC

CPU: I-7 2700k oc 4.5ghz   MOBO: Intel DP67BG RAM: 16gb Intel Patriot 1600mhz  PSU: Corsair GS700 GPU: GTX 670 Signature 2 Storage Intel 250gb SSD / 2TB Seagate

When I stream right now with my gaming PC I play at 2.5k then set OBS to output in 720p to twitch.

It makes my system choke, The only way BF4 is playable is at low settings when I am streaming. And it still stutters.

Thanks for replying.

Well something must be going wrong in bf4...you should have no problem with 2 x 670's FTW edition.  Sounds like BF4 is not utilizing SLI which means your second card is just sitting there doing nothing.  You should be able to get really good fps with ultra and stream.  If that's the case you might need a capture card then.

Streaming with OBS does not use the GPU, it is CPU only and Battlefield in multiplayer is CPU intensive.

I can't seem to find any information on this anywhere.