Question about putting your KVMs on LTT Store (just to avoid customs charges as a Canadian)?

Just wondering if that’s something you’ll consider?

I really wanted one of your KVMs and the 2-computer KVM will cost me $336.95 USD (around $460 CAD), and I’m sure that doesn’t include customs charges.

Then they’d be more expensive since Wendell or Linus would still need to pay the customs for it, and then Linus would want a cut for hosting and storing and handling returns, then rmas would be a nightmare

1 Like

I live in Quebec and the customs fees were about the equivalent of the taxes I would have normally paid if I had bought the KVM this side of the border. The main issue I think, is the triple-whammy of crappy US->CAN exchange rate + customs fees + shipping.

That being said, the KVMs are awesome provided you use the proper cables (I needed a optical cable for 5m length).

Customs won’t be what gives you a heart attack. The shipping will do ya in before the customs charges do.

Which is totally normal for international trade. But you can always advocate for a customs union with the US. Just ask your former overlords from the UK how awesome a customs union is :wink: scnr.

Shipping is outta control ever since Covid. At least from my perspective.

But if L1T grows enough and is shipping in volumes, maybe just maybe we get resellers in Germany and Canada that ease the pain.

Would the FedEX option include customs fee?

depends on if you pay FedEx to be the broker on the shipment.

If they’re made in the US there won’t be any duty, just sales tax.

1 Like