QNIX UHD4020R - New Korean Monitor - 40" UHD FreeSync Curved

Watching this topic

But VAs are terrible for gaming. See: https://youtu.be/5g97urWo-u4 & https://youtu.be/J3UBVsvGYEE

If it wasn't for the ghosting on black I would jump on this immediately, but from what I can see from these videos VA are a bad idea if you want to game on the monitor (which considering this is freesync, it would be for that)

I was checking the prices for the UHD4020R on eBay, and it retails for about $670. The Korean consumers are paying $570, so we have to pay 17% more (670/570=1.17). In addition you got to pay import duties and you are taking a big gamble on this whole thing. If the panel sucks you gotta ship it back and wait for weeks.

Somebody should start importing these Korean monitors and sell them directly to us.

I'm not a big gamer, so the Seiki Pro SM40UNP 40.0-Inch 4K LED-Lit Monitor is maybe looking like a safer bet for a little less?

What sort of input lag do these 40" panels have?

All I want is the panel to also run 1080p at 120Hz or more for gaming. 4k at 60Hz is fine for productivity.

Freesync really needs a bigger window than being capped at 60 Hz

More than half of that price difference is shipping. It's not cheap sending a Monitor across the world. In reality they are making very little after shipping, eBay and PayPal fees.

Why do you think they offer such generous partial refunds rather than issuing a return label? It costs them less to do that.

That thing is garbage. Don't buy it.

Take a look at Rtings pixel response times for the Samsung JU7500 curved (same panel as this Qnix), especially the GtG. Cheap PC VA monitors are trash but there are some quality ones that are very comparable to IPS in motion. There's a big discrepancy in panel quality between the PC and TV market. All the innovation and development is aimed at the TV market where almost every big name is using VA for their flagships outside of OLED. They are not the same crap VAs from 2012. The XBRX800D and KS8000 are very very capable VAs.

This seems to have decent scores on rtings.

What are your thoughts?

4 HDMI slots? Very nice.

So...who want's my monitor for a few hundred dollahs...

Yeah, I bought a touchscreen HP monitor, regretted it, this was before I knew anything about how touch screen works and what digitizers are...could have saved money on a normal 1080p monitor at the time, nowadays I have a 4K monitor.

Seiki displays that I seen have horrible color quality, red looks so damn PINK! And I had to redshift the display quite a bit.

1 Like

Considering buying this one and selling my 49" wasabi mango because 49" is a tad too big for my desk. Will see what sort of price I can get on this 49" first. They don't ship these screens until mid next month, but for someone who is often close up to their screen this might be the winning ticket.

Would like a 120hz DP1.3/4 screen but I think that will be a 2017 budget sort of thing (when there out).

They are shipping on Nov 1st. We gotta find the 2 buyers so far. Hope they put up a review because it seems all the Korean reviews are stupidly focused on firmware features rather than the monitors performance.

I mean there's a big section in reviews dedicated to the reticles and different game modes. Now all the marketing material we see on all these Korean Monitor listings on eBay make sense, Koreans are suckers for nonsense fluff.

One reviewer is using an Nvidia card with it and likely has no idea what Free sync is.

My thoughts are with you and good luck...............I have gone quite leary about the Koreans monitors after the first good batch. (IMO)

1 Like

What do you guys think the chances are that this monitor has RGB color? So far this year we have seen mostly BGR panels coming out of Korea.

If this is indeed the same panel as the UN40JU7500, as gmoney specified, then it is BGR. See: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ju7500

Here's another video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJzb_qJu_3Y (only in Korean)