Pulseaudio crashes once i plug in my webcam

I updated my arch linux installation 3 days ago and since then in crashes every time I plug in my USB Webcam ( Logitech C170).
Pulseaudio output:

D: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC2 is accessible: yes
D: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.2/0000:20:00.0/0000:21:08.0/0000:2a:00.3/usb3/3-1/3-1:1.2/sound/card2 is busy: no
D: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: Loading module-alsa-card with arguments 'device_id="2" name="usb-_Webcam_C170-02" card_name="alsa_card.usb-_Webcam_C170-02" namereg_fail=false tsched=yes fixed_latency_range=no ignore_dB=no deferred_volume=yes use_ucm=yes avoid_resampling=no card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1"'
D: [pulseaudio] reserve-wrap.c: Failed to acquire reservation lock on device 'Audio2': Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  pulseaudio --daemonize=no -vv

Does anyone know what causes this ?

Probably this.

Roll it back. Looks like it was a bad update. Or at least just the parts that touched pulseaudio. Or just wait for another update that might fix it.

1 Like

Either you need to add a udev rule to allow the correct groups access to the MIC on the camera, or black list the mic.

Literally the issue is the Camera’s MIC at this point. Did you pay attentions to what you updated? My guess is something got updated before the other supported a “new” feature so when that quirk activates, the handler crashes.