Pulling my hair out with KVM output issue

I have had a KVM which connects Display Port. I had 4 computers that have not had an issue working. I use 2 laptops, one gov issue with dell docking station and a work dell laptop with a dell docking station, both are Win 11. An MSI desktop with windows 11 and I had a Mac mini in the 4th using hdmi to a single display. I removed the Mac and put it into the second display on one monitor when I got a remanufactured HP off Amazon for $125. It has 2 display ports. I got it so the kids can use it for homework without fear of messing with the MSI. All computers now have duel DP to DP monitors connected.

This is the issue, the new workstation is WIN 10 pro. As soon as I connected it, I lost video in every other computer display on the KVM except the win 10 cpu. I have switched locations, cables, updated video drivers and bios. If I only plug in one cable into KVM for mon 1. I loose all others video in Mon 1, same happens if I only plug into mon 2. All usb functions still work on kvm. Monitor displays no video.

I have also verified the hz and display are all the same on all monitors. This doesn’t help.

Has anyone else ever heard of this before?

sounds like the new laptop is trying to switch to multi stream mode MST which macs won’t support. you can verify this by only hooking up one monitor via the dock when that laptop is part of the equation then adding the second monitor not via the dock but by a separate usbc to dp cable.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.