PSU connectors for an A6000

I just got an PNY GTX A6000 GPU and I cannot find definitive instructions on which PSU cables are appropriate to power this GPU. Any help is appreciated as I don’t want to burn this darn thing!

The A6000 comes with an adaptor that accepts two 8 pin connectors but my PSU (Seasonic Prime 600) only has one PCIe cable with 6 connectors. It also has a CPU cable with 8 connectors that fits and I have another CPU 8 pin connector cable from a different PSU (Corsair 750) that I can use.

The PSU has 2 GPU/PCIe outputs with 8 connectors which are the correct ones according to the manual.

The question I have is if I can use these 8 connector cables even though they are labeled CPU? Is the pinout/connection the same?

This isn’t the final build, which will have a beefier PSU, I just want to test the GPU with my current PC while I wait for the other parts to arrive.

I answered my own question after finding the document below (1) and getting the multimeter out to check.

It is pretty easy, after all the Seasonic PSU had two PCIe cables with 8 connectors although not all pins are connected. Even so the adapter that comes with the GPU converts them both to the EPS-12V 8-pin required to drive the card. I connected both cables to the PSU, checked that the 12 volts were coming out of the correct pins and too the plunge and connected the card. It worked just fine.

One interesting gotcha, the GTX A6000 does not work with 120Hz with an LG 4k Ultragear OLED monitor. The screen goes black and does funny noises (!!!). Works fine at 60 Hz.

1. Pro Tip # 23 - NVIDIA RTX A6000 and EPS-12V 8-pin GPU Power Connection

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.