PSA: testing for and solving random freezes on Ryzen

I got 2 Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000 connected together for redundancy. Connected to a UPS with a network switch, a router and a LCD display, together drawing about 140W and it is rated for 700W if i recall correctly. I will try ZenStates, is this fine?

P0 - Enabled - FID = 94 - DID = 8 - VID = 36 - Ratio = 37.00 - vCore = 1.21250
P1 - Enabled - FID = 80 - DID = 8 - VID = 59 - Ratio = 32.00 - vCore = 0.99375
P2 - Enabled - FID = 84 - DID = C - VID = 76 - Ratio = 22.00 - vCore = 0.81250
P3 - Disabled
P4 - Disabled
P5 - Disabled
P6 - Disabled
P7 - Disabled
C6 State - Package - Disabled
C6 State - Core - Disabled

It froze, iā€™ll return this motherboard, thanks for all the help!

So i couldnā€™t give up just yet.

I found that whenever i try to change some RAM settings, i have to manually set the frequency from auto to some value first. Even when i change it to the currently running speed (without touching any other settings and with setting every other setting possible to auto and to its current value), the board would reboot 3-4 times with an error code F9 before it successfully would boot up, no matter which kit i used. Frequency wise i tried 2133, 2400 and 3200 and got the same result every time.

When i set the frequency to auto, it boots up just fine the first time without errors. It is the fourth day up now with disabling C6 states with ZenStates and RAM frequency on auto.

I cannot recall having this issue with earlier BIOS versions, but then i am also not sure if i have ever changed the auto frequency.

Would you call it a day should it be stable now or would you consider a motherboard or BIOS broken if you cannot set any of the RAM settings yourself and get a replacement?

wow, after trying many many things, i believe this (OP) has fixed it for my 1700X and 2Q20 B450M Pro4 (i have an ancient PSU, a PC Power and Cooling 370 watt)

1 Like

Thread closed as it was outside the guidelines for thread revival. Please PM me or another moderator if you feel the thread was closed in error. See the FAQ for more information.

Feel free to create a new thread if you wish to continue this threadā€™s conversation.