PSA / Personal Experience with Yeston RTX 3050

Hi Fam,

I’ve previously bought a Minisforum MS-01 for the purpose of family photo backups, serving media (transcoding), and the lightest of gaming.

Part of this excursion I purchased a Yeston RTX 3050 as there are little to zero other options that can fit in the form factor without modding or a huge bill.

Not sure if I struck out twice and had general bad luck.

Both died on me in a matter of months with artifacts. Tried multiple machines, OSs, monitors…. All the same.

RMA process? Ship it to China at your cost, including any customs and tariffs. For a $250ish card, plus time lost and pray it gets there. Is it even worth it? Depends on how much your time is worth I guess.

Total loss on the first one, ordered through the Yeston website to save a few bucks.

Second one, bought from amazon thinking I had limited to no other option.

Thanks to the person at Amazon who was having a half decent day and refunded me in full a week after the return period.

If anyone knows of a plug n’ play GPU for the MS-01 thats from this millennium please let me know. Even if it is another “off brand” name.

My two cents if anyone was considering purchasing from that brand.

WWED

1 Like

Does anyone have the A2000 6GB that can provide me ballpark gaming benchmarks on dated older games.

In reality I’m ok with Skyrim 4k lowest settings +30-45fps for the use case