[Problem] Cs:Go graphics are glitching on menu, shows artifacts like a failed gpu overclock (Arch Linux)

What GPU are you using?

Radeon hd3850

If you had nvidia I knew how to fix it.

Was it always like that? Did you update something between not having the issue and when it appeared?

Its a fresh install, are those things specific for nvidia drivers?

Yep. Nvidia specific, they had some problems lately.

What driver are you using?

That was the next thing I was going to ask. :D

Because there is a Radeon for older GPUs driver and a FGLEX for newer GPUs and then the opensource driver that works best with newer GPUs. The cut off I believe is the HD 4000 series.

i have the drivers for amd installed, not the open ones

Yep, the legacy driver is for Radeon HD 2xxx, 3xxx and 4xxx.

With AMD there are two different ones you need the legacy driver. That is called Radeon not FGLRX

huh? plz elaborate

Before the HD 5000 series Radeon was terrible on Linux. The name of the driver was Radeon. After the HD5000 series they created a new driver called FGLRX it is pretty good but not backwards compatible.

AMDGPU is the new open source driver that uses elements from MESA that was originally for Intel integrated graphics. Mesa will also work with newer AMD cards.

I think you are using the wrong driver.

Unfortunately anything before the 5000 series has subpar performance on Linux. You can thank ATI for that.

i use the legacy drivers for sure, dont know about FGLRX, how do i check it?

Check your uname

But yeah even if you do have the legacy they are well know for being bad.

Honestly, I would try the opensource drivers and see if they perform better.

If not I am sorry.

I need the amd one because steam wont start with the opensource ones

We'll find what driver you do have.

since discourse keeps giving me a 404 forbidden every time I try to post the command you will have to look it up.

Or open up catalyst (if you have it) and check there.

i really want but i cannot understand the overall meaning