Preparations for Linux

I'm gonna install Ubuntu Gnome into a SSD. The thing is, I'm worried about my drivers being unable to work. Especially the thermal radar on Sabertooth, I use them to control my 3 pin Gentle Typhoons.

FX-8350
990FX Sabertooth R2.0 (I did the fan controls with AI Suite)
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780

Will everything work by default?

I forget, is thermal radar in the bios or in the OS?

Well sense your going with Ubutnu your going to need to understand lm_sensors. Or.. you could get by with simply following the instructions located here. As someone with the same board you may find a trial or tribulation along the way but if you want it you can have complete fan control & temp monitoring. Personally, after I was done I started to use PSensor to monitor my temps, and that worked great all the way up until I hit Ubuntu 14.04. The issue being that I haven't update any configuration files for a simple bug fix; or used the right PPA to get the updated Psensor... but I get the temps I want, and personally I don't care about the display if the temps are right (read as: I'm lazy).

I have a different asus board and my temps from lm-sensors are not trustworthy, for instance my pci adapter says 14C and another MB sensor reads -128C and it has the alarm values totally screwed up. I have been told that this is probably true for AMD chipsets in general. lm-sensors also won't control anything, you're going to have to pipe its output to another program. Having said that, everything I set up in the UEFI in fan expert works mostly fine so if the thermal radar is UEFI based, your fine, if it's OS based, you're going to have to find another way to do things.

lm_sensors isn't just a MB sensor tool. What output do you get from:

sensors | grep "\-128"

???

That sensor is disabled and I don't pay attention to it, it was an extreme example of stupidity on the screen. Here's the entire output. If I boot into windows or the uefi, the temps 1&2 are reading around 8-10F cooler than this. Specs are in profile.
sensors -f
it8721-isa-0290
Adapter: ISA adapter
in0: +2.77 V (min = +0.96 V, max = +1.25 V) ALARM
in1: +2.82 V (min = +0.61 V, max = +0.60 V) ALARM
in2: +0.94 V (min = +0.98 V, max = +1.25 V) ALARM
+3.3V: +3.31 V (min = +2.66 V, max = +2.95 V) ALARM
in4: +1.73 V (min = +0.34 V, max = +1.18 V) ALARM
in5: +2.52 V (min = +0.97 V, max = +1.07 V) ALARM
in6: +0.00 V (min = +0.77 V, max = +0.43 V) ALARM
3VSB: +3.07 V (min = +0.48 V, max = +1.73 V) ALARM
Vbat: +3.31 V
fan1: 0 RPM (min = 13 RPM) ALARM
fan2: 625 RPM (min = 77 RPM)
fan3: 0 RPM (min = 15 RPM) ALARM
temp1: +86.0°F (low = -144.4°F, high = +177.8°F) sensor = thermistor
temp2: +84.2°F (low = +194.0°F, high = +35.6°F) ALARM sensor = thermistor
temp3: -198.4°F (low = +179.6°F, high = +5.0°F) sensor = disabled
intrusion0: OK

k10temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
temp1: +56.3°F (high = +158.0°F)
(crit = +194.0°F, hyst = +188.6°F)

fam15h_power-pci-00c4
Adapter: PCI adapter
power1: 7.19 W (crit = 125.02 W

Okay.... I didn't reference your alarm issues in your original post because that's a configuration issue... and that's all on you. But at the same point your output is the extreme of installing something, and never once bothering to configure it. Case in point:

These are all things you should be setting.

Then there's:

Which looks like you changed out your fans at some point, then never updated anything.

And that doesn't touch upon:

Your "low" is actually set to be higher than your high.

And, again, I'm assuming you haven't updated anything as this is first time I've ever even heard of someone having default lows set higher than there default highs. Especially when your output is in fahrenheit and the default for lm_sensor is celsius. So... there's background information like "what changes did you make to your configuration" I'm going to need to know in order to help with that.

Can confirm, lm-sensors doesn't support amd hardware too well, works on intel very well.

just use the update AMD ucode provided in synaptic... It has tweaks that also allow the kernel to allow acces with Lm sensors...
(CONFIRMED I have done it)

I believe thermal radar is BIOS based. Whatever settings i tweaked in OS applies to BIOS vice versa.

The basic features like ethernet, sound, USB 3.0 should work right? GTX 780 will require download while u work on a low res desktop.