Prenihility's PC Gaming Marathon - Knights of the Old Republic (Collection?)

Yet another gap to fill. So i’ve always been mindful of these games. And always was told that they were SO DAMN GOOD! As far as my Star Wars game history goes, i had a Gamecube back in the day and played the hell out of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. I LOVE the Star Wars codex and it’ll always be my favourite Sci-Fi codex of all time. I also played the Rogue Squadron series. Amazing games. All of them. I played Episode 1 Racer on the N64 and of course Shadows of the Empire.

Now, in order for anyone to be able to gauge just how much i would like these games. I want to talk about exactly how i feel about the series. Speaking of SotE; what i really loved was that classic, Empire-era DARK Star Wars feeling. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Recently, in my playthroughs of Fallout 3, Skyrim, etc. i’ve been playing evil characters. I keep hearing KoToR is GREAT for this. Oh, almost forgot. And personally… i’m NOT a Jedi fan. Not really a fan of the lightsaber using hippies of the galaxy. I’m more of a blast a guy in the face, jetpack wearing badass type :smile:
But i don’t think it’ll detract from my enjoyment of the game.

And last but not least, to my SHOCK and surprise, i found out that back in 2012, LucasArts released a compilation of KoToR 1 and 2 in one package. WHAAAAAAA? And if people on here know me, they know i love boxed copies of PC games. AND now it’s been revamped for Windows 7; my OS. Soooooooooooooooooo… SOLD?

1 Like

Well you don’t have to use a lightsaber in KOTR. You can play the whe game with blasters and still be powerful.

It’s an amazing game, as far as RPGs go. I’m not the. Iggest fan of DOGs but KOTR, Fallout 3, mass effect and a few others are exceptions because of how good they are. Definitely worth trying.
However there are some bad level designs mixed in that will hsve you running in circles for hours.

KOTOR has been ported to everything, its the DOOM of the 2000s

I still need to try and play it on my phone lol Love that game so much

From the looks of it, the character customization isn’t that great… :frowning:

Can’t actually physically change your appearance. Just some preset faces. BLAH!

Most games from 2003 were like that lol They put more time on the story and gameplay over character customization.

Which, this is my opinion, as the years went on games let you do all sorts of changes to appearance and you had more robust character customization… the games story and rpg elements went down the more options you got haha

1 Like

@Prenihility I am in agreement with you about boxed copies and games but as for KOTOR I tried and never got very far with it and really there are other games that are more of my type of games. Anyway it sounds like you are having fun and hell I had a load of fun playing COD 3 MPer today on Xbox 360 when I thought I’d never get a game. I finally found the servers and damn this wasn’t the usual COD. So to finish …

Happy gaming! Enjoy whatever you’re playing. I know I am. : )