PowerColor AXRX 5700 XT 8GBD6-3DH

Looking at Micrecenter online and they have this RX5700XT for $360, cant seam to find to many reviews of the cooler its not the red dragon or OC’d at all was wording if anyone had any experience with the cooler? Seams to be a great deal at $360. https://www.microcenter.com/product/611002/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-xt-dual-fan-8gb-gddr6-pcie-video-card
Currently have a STRIX GTX980 DC2OC, with a R5 [email protected]

Hey, welcome to the forum…
Here’s the thing: It’s powercolor. They ain’t bad, but they aren’t the best. They are super budget friendly brand.
From what I can see, the heatsink looks OK, it’s fairly dense fins, but on the inside nobody knows. It’s smaller than the dragon series, so it may keep a couple degrees higher thermals.
It all depends. Are you aiming for OC and best performance ever? You ain’t getting that…
Do you want to game and like performance per $? This is perfect…The fans may be a bit noisy though… Smaller heatsik and 2 fans, although 5700XT is not hot at all, so that should be fine…

Thanks for the quick response. I may pick up one next week if I’m around that area. I’d like to play around and over clock but a budget card like this one I know there probably is not much headroom.

I picked one up from a sale a while back. Is good. Seems to be pretty much reference specs but with a dual fan cooler. Seems like the same cooler the red dragon has.
Anyway, no problems here with it so I would recommend, mind that the cooler does get a bit loud under full load.

It’s smaller… The red Dragon is larger.

Its likely just a reference pcb with a custom sort off cooler.

Defilement not the Red Dragon pcb there is no BIOS switch and it is the same height as the expectation slot the Red Dragon has a switch and the pcb is taller then the slot.

That is what I was worried about because of the cooler being on the smaller size, it looks like they use the same cooler for the non TX model as well.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.