Power Rangers 2017 Costume reveal and trailer

I just want to say i had a little bit of a trouser accident...

Now Rita made me had another few of those...
This actually looks really nice... I am intrigued... What do you think?

3 Likes

Wow had no idea they were redoing this, how cool is this?! Anywho they better not ruin the franchise.

6 Likes

This is why about an year ago, when the short Power Rangers YouTube clip came out, they were all like CopyWriteStrikes on their ass... Because they have started pre-production for the movie... I am just happy it will not take forever, and actually looks ... quite nice.

Hope its not just a full CG mess the speed racer was... Looks like all the costumes are heavy on CG

1 Like

On the contrary...

There could be some CGI, but not much... 120 million is the budget for the entire movie, and Elizabeth freaking Banks is not cheap...

1 Like

I will pass no need to relive the bad TV programs from my child hood. :P

2 Likes

The red one looks like a bike helmet.

1 Like

I will never be able to unsee that bike helmet now.
You've single-handedly ruined a series for me before it was even released.

3 Likes

my condolences.

2 Likes

Made me laugh though, so your off the hook friend

1 Like

Does anybody expect this to actually be a good movie? I mean really. It's a Power Rangers.
I am ready for classic 90s silliness, just better looking... I mean look at Rita. She looks BADASS... I want to see the robot now.
That bike helmet though... rofl...

1 Like

I really liked the fan short, if they made something like that I think it would be good. Max Landis wrote some of it (though he has said it was rewritten over and over again and has no clue what it will look like) I like some of his scripts so maybe there is hope.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/bryan-cranston-confirmsadmits-he-ll-play-zordon-in-power-rangers-movie-a7094731.html
Well, Brian Cranston is Zordon...

This makes me more and more excited about this movie...

2 Likes

Their costumes look like armor from Mass Effect. Especially that black suit. It's almost the default N7 armor.

Iron Man wants his suits back.

The more I see on this, the more I get genuinely excited for its release. I LOVED Power Rangers when I was a kid, hopefully this catches some of that magic while still making it relate-able to a somewhat older audience.

This movie can work but they have to not be afraid to get silly and a little weird. Let the actors have fun hamming it and chewing the scenery.

Lemme guess, the yellow one will die and the red one will end up on death row.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/784731286627835905
AAAAAAAAA

Make that topic grow, ahahahahaha...
Sorry...
Man i'm hooked...

It's going to be really crappy, some of it shines through the trailer, but.... I still want to see it...