Posting Problems

So my computer has been working now for 2-3 years. Upon returning to University after the winter break I shipped it through UPS and it just showed up today. When I first powered it, it went to the motherboard logo and then gave me an error about an invalid boot drive. When I restarted the computer to change the boot priority it would not post or truly display anything. After a little bit of testing (including clearing the CMOS) on my own I bugged my friend and he lent me his system to test parts with.

I tested the RAM DIMMs, graphics card, and power supply in his system to make sure they were all working (and they were). Leaving just the CPU and the motherboard as likely culprits I used his PSU to power my system and tried to use my onboard video (later the GPU) to display. Didn't work.

There was some noticeable damage to the packaging when it arrived and was working minutes before it was shipped.

Anyone have any other ideas or is it most likely that the components were damaged during shipping?

Thanks.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f776kL

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z97I Gaming AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card
Case: Corsair 250D Mini ITX Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Does it give any beep codes with nothing in it?

Since it is mITX it does not have a beeper built in. Never done it, but would the beeping work through the audio ports?

Reseat the CPU

You'd need a motherboard speaker I think, shoulda come with your case, if not, then something is probably dead, see if your local PC repair shop has a spare motherboard lying around you can test stuff on

Was using my friends to test all the other parts (which checked out fine). Just couldn't test the mobo or CPU. Unfortunately no mobo speaker on hand and no repair shop in 100 miles.

Well how much cash do you have to spend for repairs?

Cash isn't the problem. Its time. Might be easier to just file a claim with UPS and cover the cost of a new mobo and CPU in the short term.

Well then go for that