Post your favorite Metal Album of the year!

With 2016 slowly coming to an end, I thought it might be good to share some good albums that came out this year. Some of my favorites in no particular order are:

• Bewitcher - Bewitcher: The debut album of a blackened speed metal band from portland. I stumbled upon it when I was looking through Bandcamp and I really like it! It's got nice and fast riffs and solos, as well as partially over the top/cliché satanic lyrics (which is always a plus for me). While it may not be anything particularly innotive, I find it quite enjoyable and I'm looking forward to more music from Bewitcher.

• Amon Amarth - Jomsviking: Amon Amarth's first concept album. Being a concept album, it really focuses on one of the things I like most about Amon Amarth: Their amazing story telling. I find the story to be executed rather well. Musically it's a bit mixed. There are tracks like "Raise your Horns" that are just really catchy and will really include the crowd at concerts but the lyrics are almost a bit cheesy. Then there are really raw tracks with a more aggressive style like "At Dawn's First Light" or "Vengeance is My Name" and on "A Dream that cannot be" there's even a Doro Pesch feature, which is shows a nice contrast between Doro's clean vocals and Johan's deep growling. It's not my favorite Amon Amarth album (that honor still belongs to Twilight of the Thunder God and With Oden on our Side), but it's a very good one nonetheless.

• Metallica - Hardwired ... to Self-Destruct: I can't really say much about this album, as it just came out today, but I already really like it. I haven't listened to a whole lot of Metallica before this (just some of the well known songs). Not because I didn't like their music but rather because I hadn't found the time). This album will change that (I'm going to start listening to some of their older stuff as well, like Master of Puppets, the black album, or Ride the Lightning). As far as I can tell, it's quite a bit like some of the older stuff, but then again I haven't really gotten around to listen to too much of the older stuff yet. Overall I can really recommend this album

Naðra - Allir vegir til glötunar: A really good Icelandic Black Metal album, that helped me get a bit more into black metal this year. As far as the actual music goes, I can't really say much as it's a bit difficult to describe so it might be better if you just check it out here. However, I can say, if you don't like black metal, this probably won't be an exception.

How about everyone else? What are your favorite metal albums of the year? Or is there anything still coming out that you're looking forward to in particular?

Edit: Can anyone tell me how to add the metal tag to this topic?

In no particular order of favoritism, these are some alright albums.

Protest The Hero - Pacific Myth

Ghost - Popestar

Korn - Serenity Of Suffering

Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts

Megadeth - Dystopia

Dream Theater - The Astonishing

Well this is a tough question. So much stuff to choose from. Here's some of my top picks:

Watchtower - Concepts Of Math: Book One [EP]

Suma - The Order of Things

Khemmis - Hunted

Slomatics - Future Echo Returns

Monolithe - Zeta Reticuli

Graves at Sea - The Curse That Is

Conan - Revengeance

done

Shameless plug. I still need to add stuff to my list, so far I have almost 100 albums (some of them are non metal btw). Still waiting on a few albums and probably I'll find something exciting 10 days before the end of the year just like last year with Batushka's Litourgiya

The Stage by Avenged Sevenfold
It's just a fucking awesome album.

I still have yet to check out the new Metallica album, but it looks cool.

Two of current favorites,

III: Trauma by Harakiri For The Sky

Winter's Gate by Insomnium

Still need to acquire Guardians by Saor, so that may be another.

Vektor - Terminal Redux

Gojira - Magma

Abbath - Abbath

Oathbreak - Rhea

Deathspell Omega - The Synarchy of Molten Bones

Darkthrone - Arctic Thunder

Damn I should have put Abbath on my list as well. I was so sure it came out last year but I guess I was wrong. Great album