Post your favorite game box art or user's manual!

Yep. Stealing this from a recent r/games post I saw. Post your favorite game box art and/or user's manual and tell us why you like them. Bonus points if you can find copies of the manuals online.

I'll get things started with one of my favorites:

Arcanum (PC) (2001)
- Mainly because it had an awesome user's guide with a ton of back story and interesting notes. The user's guide was written as part technical instruction manual, part science article, and part historical archive that told of the land and inhabitants of Arcanum.

Cover art:

User's manual:
http://lparchive.org/Arcanum/Update%2021/manual.pdf

Doing 4 in one post, because why not? They've all got their own special thing about them, in my opinion. Hit and Run is true to the Simpsons style, Jak and Daxter's just cool, Most Wanted has a ton of detail (Cross' car in the reflection, etc...), and Battlefront 2 is just jam packed with stuff going on.

You've made me realise that I haven't taken the preowned sticker off of Jak and Daxter, in the 12 years I've owned it.

1 Like

He's all business.

3 Likes

Ah yes. Still have that box I think. I have a bunch of old game boxes at my folks house. I'm planning on visiting this weekend, so hopefully I can take some photos :D

Hit and Run was super fun. I actually think I rented that from Blockbuster :O

1 Like

Couldnt find my old box unfortunately, but I finally found a photo of the box with the original user's manual!

Star Wars Galaxies

Photo of the original box and contents from SWG.

The main cool thing here was the user's manual. It was pretty large and came with ring binding like a note pad.

The Myst series games were awesome too if you're into lore and additional content. Just look at all the crap that came with Riven.

Always loved the Might and Magic (original series - not Ubisoft) box arts. That series was my childhood :D

Drops Mic

1 Like

Another New World Computing classic:

1 Like
1 Like

Anyone play this old gem? Was pretty psychedelic.

Best game ever right here. Great story, atmosphere, music, and gameplay. My favorite game of all-time.

2 Likes

Another great box art series:

1 Like

Some more nice classic PC box arts

1 Like

Good box arts seem to be rare. I like these:

2 Likes

Love Mafia and KOTOR

Came out in 97' if anybody wants to go and look, very good RTS in my opinion with a interesting story

I really miss the Voodoo boxes.

Edit-- I know it's not a game... but still

1 Like