Post your battle stations!

Since I'm still undecided with which plattform I should go (gonna wait for Zen to see how prices and performance compares to Skylake/Kaby Lake) it's still too early for me to make plans (and I don't have a fixed budget yet either).

I would only go for a rad if I end up with a k-part (or OC Zen) and that adds to the overall cost.

And DIY.....I was playing with the thought of doing something about the front dustfilter in my 230T (remove it and the grill on the frontpanel, then add some metal on the inner edge and a 240mm magnetic dustfilter) but never got the motivation to do it.
So I'd say I'm too lazy for anything DIY.

1 Like

I don't understand how any of you guys with the mounted monitors set them above your head so you have to crane your neck up to look at them. That's an ergonomic nightmare.

Oh no, that is bad perspective. I eye line is almost exactly center line with the top monitor I actually look a little down a the ipad screen slightly.

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

4 Likes

Innocent juice, delicious

2 Likes

That's what caught your attention? O.o

Yes! That's some damn fine juice!

2 Likes

Nah... what caught my attention was the skeet-sheet on your chair ;)

The chair is falling apart (no wheels, wobbles heavily when you lean on either side, etc) and the foam is completely compressed. The towel helps with that.

2 Likes

I'm talking about the monitor above the iPad. Your eyes come up to the middle of the monitor? Even if they do, that's still bad ergonomics, as the eyes are supposed to come up to the top of the viewable area.

1 Like

Yeah I know. This is the best work around.

Everything works in theory, in practice its all compromise.

Boy don't I know it... just look at my battlestation. Post number oh... right... damn forum switch messed with pasted images... Guess I'll have to update it later tonight.

Yeah, I know. My battle station is full of them too, but not the monitor height one. I basically have the wrong kind of desk. Didn't think that through when buying it. >_<

1 Like

Move your Sammy behind the Dell a bit; it is a crime to have that much bezel separating the panels o_o

I know, I know. But prices aren't going down on the U2414H (~230€ avg)
The distance between the panels doesn't bother me as much as if the Samsung was farther away (behind the Dell).

I have a dual monitor setup and my eyes align with the middle, I have never had problems with craning my neck

I had a tv above my head at one of my places, I just pushed back in my seat to look up at it since my seat can tilt back. It was really comfortable and easy. would do it again/10

Does Dell sell outlet/refurbished monitors in your country? Both of mine were acquired for ~$200 USD after 40% discount; nothing wrong with them, just were returned/refurbished units. Solid monitor, those ultrasharps; my stop-gap until OLED monitors become a mainstream commodity.

BTW: If you haven't calibrated it yet, here's the baseline people recommend:
Preset Mode: Custom Color(R99/G92/B98); Contrast = 75; Brightness = 20-35
Lowering the brightness too much warms up the colors a tad; though I personally dont mind it.

Not for monitors (only laptops and desktops).

Brightness 20-35 is much too low for my preference. I have it around 50-60.
But thanks for the tip with the custom colors. I had them at 100 and never bothered adjusting them.

Check out my New Laptop

This is emphatically a joke. Not to be taken literal. i do not have this in my possession

6 Likes