Post your battle stations!

I like the speaker mounts.

2 Likes

Monitor arms are pretty legit option for stuff, I have my XLR mic and SLR on arms

1 Like

What keyboard is that?
How are the speakers mounted in the arm? Could you show pictures of that?

Guessing they are wall mount speakers, so put a nut/bolt through one of the vesa holes and boom mounted, could also make a simple adapter plate

It’s funny. The angle I took that at is an optical illusion. The RuneScape one appears to be bigger than the YouTube one. It is not. RuneScape is 27in whereas the YouTube one is 55in. The RuneScape one is way closer to where I’m sitting and the 55inch is 7 feet away.

12 Likes

I saw the video on megadesk recently and thought y’all might get a kick out of my setup. The only problem with these old CCFL monitors is their combined output makes the driver’s seat a little toasty.

17 Likes

Love that! Not for the monitors, but for the keyboard!

1 Like

Why such a distance between you and the further back displays?

1 Like

I have re ordered/arranged since that post. I use the big tv (furthest away display) as a tv. youtube, plex, streaming… I dont use it for anything but that. Sitting to close to a 50inch+ display can cause neck and eye strain causing headaches.

1 Like

Added my old 27" as a secondary screen. It’s nice having the extra screen, but definitely has drawbacks… namely just can’t have my right speaker flanking the monitor like my left one does because the speakers are too tall to fit under my screens.

Also since the old monitor is a TN panel with not-so-great-viewing angles running it vertical wasn’t the best, so I put it back to horizontal and had to have some of the screen not visible/hidden behind my main monitor for it to fit on the desk.

My plan is to ditch the 27" for a smaller IPS screen on a monitor arm, and to finally give up and just buy some different speakers that aren’t as tall. At which point I may get a matching screen for the left side as well. A vertical 17.3" portable screen would almost match the height of my main monitor perfectly, so I may go that route. I just had that all of those have their plugs on the side instead of the back - and the 17.3" portable monitors are expensive compared to the 15.6, 14, and 13.3’s.

2 Likes

@Delnith

New arrangement.

6 Likes

I like the bricks on the right, but the smooth stone on the left could do with some texture…

3 Likes

the brick and mortar is actually a spot for a wood burning stove. I need to get one before winter.

3 Likes

Just setup the ultrawide that showed up. My old 32" looks ancient compared to this thing.

6 Likes

My work from home setup waiting for level1techs kvm

4 Likes

About to change my desk for a wider one without the ‘custom extensions’ and wall mount the 43" … will post the new setup when it comes in …

10 Likes

Great setups all!!!

@geeklife Love the Corsair Carbide Series Air 240 I see I believe that’s the case. I eyed that one for a while before I decided to go bigger for custom water loop.

1 Like

Basically staring down… a grid of low-spec large dia. laser beams?
gundamnbuster

2 Likes

7 Likes

I hate it. Replacing soon. It was part of a $300 Ryzen steambox deal on craigslist I found then my Dell I had for 5 years died so made it my main machine. My RTX 2060 is ziptied in there since there is no GPU mounting screws, just a clamp that doesn’t work well.

2 Likes