Possible to disable mouse roaming on 4-Port KM Switch?

Hello.

I recently purchased the “4-Port KM Switch with USB 3.2 Gen 1 Mouse Roaming Function” from the shop. I’ve seen the mega post that details other troubleshooting and guides, but have not seen any hotkey combinations listed to disable the Mouse Roaming feature. Is it possible to disable this either through software or a hotkey combination?
The feature is great for every situation except for playing games that require mouse and keyboard as the mouse roams to my other PC when I’m playing.

I’d reviewed all of the documentation I could find and tried searching on here for a similar topic, but was not able to find one. So, just curious if this is possible and if so, how it can be done.

Thanks!

Hi! Than you for reaching out :smiley:

That should be no problem.

Disable:
L_SHIFT → L_ALT (hold) → Q → 0

Then, to enable again

Choose monitor formation mode (1~4 to use instead of 0):
L_SHIFT → L_ALT (hold) → Q → 1
L_SHIFT → L_ALT (hold) → Q → 2
L_SHIFT → L_ALT (hold) → Q → 3
L_SHIFT → L_ALT (hold) → Q → 4

For more info/monitor combos I scanned the manual for you:

1 Like

Hey, Level1_Amber. Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you so much! That’s working perfectly for me!

It does seem to change the speed with which my mouse cursor moves (disabling roaming slows it down). I’m not entirely sure why, but I can live with it. Though if there’s any advice on how to prevent it changing, I’d like to know.

On a side note, is there a full PDF of the manual available at all? There was no a manual included in the box my KM Switch came in, but if the documentation is available I would like to have a copy to reference if I need to make any further adjustments. It would probably also help the community as a whole to have it available. I’d even pay for a digital copy.

That aside, would you be able to add this to the official FAQ post so that others may easily find this information? Level1Techs Forum - t/official-l1techs-kvm-faq-ultimate-guide-help/186196

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback :slight_smile: I’ll have to ask @wendell about the mouse slowing down, I haven’t heard of that before. Also, I’m sorry for the delayed reply! I missed this notification.

The manuals being available online is exactly what we were thinking about doing, but we’re in the process of overhauling them. We wanted to do it after the new ones are complete.

Yours and everyone else’s KM should’ve come with the current manual. I’m not sure why you got left out? xD

Np I can scan that for you:

L1Techs KM Manual.rar (71.1 MB)

One report of slowdown was related to the reciver and interference. Try plugging the receiver into an extension able to move it farther away from USB3 and retry.

Another time the Logitech software was on one PC but not another with different dpi preferences.