Possible Speaker or Audio Codec Issue

So i’ve noticed a weird audio issue that seems to have started around a month or two ago.

I have a Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Analog Speaker system connected onto a Gigabyte Aurus x570 Master Motherboard with a Realtek Audio codec.

The issue is having the audio randomly and suddenly dropping in volume like adjusting the volume control, be it on the Speakers directly or the audio control panel applet.

Since this is happening in all apps, be it gaming, watching videos in Youtube or VLC I have narrowed it down to either the Realtek Audio Codec or the Speakers.

As a test I even did a fresh Windows 11 install onto a new SSD and the same thing is happening.

I then connected up a Corsair headset and have not heard the same issue, so this again confirms it is either the codec or the speakers.

Since I don’t have any other speakers to test with I have to try narrowing it down, of course this means getting a PCIe Sound Card and see if this makes any difference.

Does anybody have any tips/tricks to try ?

Pretty sure I’m going down the right path forfurther testing.

Haven’t heard of the Cambridge Soundworks brand name in years!

Sounds like the speakers are starting to fail Especially if the headphones don’t reproduce / fixes the issue. Haven’t heard of the

Any chance you have a spare or able to borrow a set of speakers you can actually plug into the same port to verify the issue?

Thanks for the feedback, they are pretty old now but still sound good to me so I didn’t really see the need to replace them.

Don’t have access to any spares I’m aware of other then purchasing another speaker setup.

I bet a cheap 2.1 setup would work as I never really could hear the difference with the rear channel speakers, not even in games.

And so I decided on getting a new Logitech Pro X Wireless headset.

The G-Hub app seems to like it just fine along with my Logitech mouse.

Tweaked the EQ settings and such and so far so good.

Seems like many games are using a Headset SOUND option, for instance Borderlands 3 has one for Logitech Headsets so I’m using it as the in-game setting.

Sorry for the necro posting, been doing some more testing on this matter and it appears that the old Cambridge Soundworks loud speakers are most likely failing.

They are behaving the same way on my new X670E motherboard as they were on my older X570 board.

Now testing further with a cheap USB sound card I picked up on Amazon, this is powered by a Cmedia audio codec.