Possible niche question about windows as virtual machine

Hey, everyone. I was wondering if it is possible to run windows 11 as a VM in such a way on a linux machine that a ZFS pool could be passed through to windows. I use backblaze to backup my data offsite, and I’ve been toying with the idea of moving to linux for a file system with more resiliency, but backblaze doesn’t work in linux. Could I mount a linux Z pool as a drive in Windows, and have it appear to the OS as a standard drive so that backblaze will back it up?

Thanks for the help. Hope this isn’t a silly question.

Do none these options work for your usecase in Linux?

Unless of course you’re using personal?

All the share types I am familiar with would show up as network drives if I remember correctly, which Backblaze personal does not back up AFAIK.

Doing this possibly would be breaking the TOS (and putting your backups at risk of deletion), you would have to read through the agreement to know for sure.

If you are using B2, then just use rclone, restic or something similar, no need to mount inside a windows VM.

Yea. I’m using the personal tier.

1 Like

i typically use sshfs-win, winsfp & sshfs-win-manager for this, then you can mount the drive to the host system and use them to mount it within the guest as a local drive, i use this with proxmox to mount all my drives both in my vms and over the network to my laptop but it can depend on your needs and setup if this works for you and what kind of performance you get out of it, there might be better options for you than this as it would probably require extra setup and tweaking to possibly get working how you desire it to