Portable Office 1.0

I spent the last week in Maryland and got a chance to field test my portable office that I’ve been working on. My current job is fully remote, so I take advantage of that as much as I can and take several ‘working vacations’ every year.

I tested a lot of portable chairs, this was the only one that actually delivered on it’s ergonomic / comfort claims. It’s made to be used on the floor directly, so I added some wood support and appropriately sized folding stool. The end result is exactly the correct height for me.

The table legs are adjustable, so it’s easy to put it on top of as dresser or countertop for standing as desired.

This table orientation is important because it lets me get the keyboard back over my lap, the table legs make that impossible otherwise. This piece of wood let’s me continue too use a mouse if my workflow for the day would benefit from one.

Everything weighs in at 28 lbs in a bag that’s under the ~60" l+w+h limit for major airlines checked bags in the US.

I’m thrilled with how it turned out, it’s easy to enjoy yourself on a trip when you’re not uncomfortable from trying to work whatever desk-ish surface you can find.

My inner minimalist is tempted to use this at home in place of my standard desk and clear up a lot of space / visual clutter, but not tempted enough to actually do it.

7 Likes