Pop!_OS; Will not Install

So I have been testing these versions of Pop!_OS

20_04 v7
20_04 v9
20_04 v10

21_04 v9
21_04 v10

And all of them end up with the same message.

Is there something that I can do? Should I install it on another device? Maybe my 1TB NVME device?

INSTALLER.LOG

[INFO distinst:src/installer/steps/configure/chroot_conf.rs:156] disabling apt-cdrom from /etc/apt/sources.list
[ERROR distinst:src/installer/state.rs:37] configuring chroot error: error generating locales: command failed with exit status: exit code: 255
[ERROR distinst:src/installer/mod.rs:300] errored while installing system: error generating locales: command failed with exit status: exit code: 255
[INFO distinst:ffi/src/installer.rs:188] Install error: error generating locales: command failed with exit status: exit code: 255

Downloading version beta 21.10 now. See if that works.
If that doesn’t work, then I’ll have to go back to Arch or maybe test Fedora… "/

Downloaded 21_04 v10 again, did not work…
Downloaded 21_10 vBeta and did not work…

What is wrong with Pop!_OS?? Gave the same error 6 times. I even tried to install it on another nvme drive, and now both the 256 GB and the 1TB is formatted. I’m thinking of doing a manual format in order to also delete the damn swap of 4GB that they insist of having on an NVME drive. Are they crazy? I actually want it not to break because it’s being used for temporary usage.

So I made a manual gparted disk so it has a 512MB fat32 partition for /boot with boot,esp, then a 4GB fat32 partition for backup msftdata and the rest of the 256GB disk as a btrfs partition for root… Going to test if that works.

Maybe a dumb question, but reading the error message I might ask, did you choose a locale in the installer?

2 Likes

Yeah that is also what i could find in regards to those errors.
Something with Local and correct language in the installer.

1 Like

? I followed the installation, language, keyboard layout, name, nick, password, choose harddrive install. I installed Fedora now, but I’m about to die, the commands that is supposed to work is not working at all and I do not like the DE, I’m about to install arch again, but I haven’t fixed the scripts yet, so I’m reluctant of re-installing it to that.

I will check if there is a hidden option somewhere.

I will test if there is some option that I could change to instead, going to test if I can have us and us keyboard, but that means I will have problems logging in again. I frikkin hate it when I have to use other then Swedish(dvorak).

One last try before I reinstall Arch Linux then.

So I got it installed. The problem was a faulty locale.

DO NOT INSTALL POP!_OS WITH ENGLISH → UK

US worked without a problem.

2 Likes

I also have to go to the store where I bought my keyboard… The super button doesn’t work at all. When it’s testing the buttons, the button lights up, but afterwards it’s unlit. So the mechanical keyboard has broken.

Wonder where the receipt is though. "/

Yeah it kinda is a weird issue with Pop Os as it seems.

1 Like