Poll Syndicate

Steamdeck should probably be an option for you too.

1 Like

Highlighting the topics you just mentioned, indeed, the only good option seems to be the PC, since i can play pretty much the whole Xbox library, some Playstation games and emulate many other consoles.
I was thinking about getting the PS5 to salvage some of my unplayed PS4 library, but honestly, not worth it, i rather just pick another PS4 and play it again sometime in the future.

Honestly, same here with my RTX2070, i was planning on buying a 3000 series or AMD 6000 series in 2020, but all that happened, so i just couldn’t manage to get any new card for a decent price.

Not sure if its going to be available in my country, i’m certainly not counting on it, since Valve hasn’t officially release any of their hardware over here, only some people import them over.

3 Likes

PS5 as you have a 2070 which is plenty still for today. The advantage of ps5 over new gpu is you get to play exclusives that a new gpu doesnt allow you to play, and turning down graphics isnt that big of a deal if you ask me, you dont need to run at ultra.

3 Likes

Thinking of centralizing my storage into a TrueNAS/ZFS system with 6 8TB EXOs drives.

Do you think a AMD Athelon 3000G (2 core 4 threads is enough?

Athelon 3000g enough?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Wait for below

0 voters

OR

I’m considering a itx build in the Fractal Node 304, why I need the APU so the pcie is free for a 10g card… or can save for the larger case like Silverstone with 8 bays but more exspenive but can take a matx… the 304 is 90$, the silvertones with hot swaps are 240$ plus depending…all USD

Got itx, pay more for matx or atx
  • 304 is good
  • Go Matx ATX for more $

0 voters

If I do go larger I’ll probably go threadripper to replace the inefficient Dell T420 server I built…maybe lol

I think you could get away with 3000g but would probably go higher personally

3 Likes

I just want to use this occasion to say, RAID is not a backup. So remember to have a proper backup.

1 Like

This I am aware. I have two local one remote and one cold store for emergencies :slight_smile: I use P.A.C.E. alot (Primary, Alternate, Contingency and Emergency) for risk mitigation. Old habits

2 Likes

Good! On the topic of the Athlon you should be fine using it only as a NAS in my opinion. It has only two cores, but while it is named Athlon, these are basically two Ryzen cores.

1 Like

The only things that really concern me with the PS5 are the game and storage prices, but hopefully that will be improved until next year.
On the exclusives side, indeed, mainly Gran Turismo 7 for me, although i certainly wouldn’t use it just to play exclusives, i’d get some multiplat games for sure.
And please Sony, pleeeease, make a black version, the white really doesn’t do it for me, it would be a sore thumb in my setup.

1 Like

I mean you pay that much for SSDs on PC that are of that tier, its not like they are doing their normal sony thing of selling priced up drm sd cards.

2 Likes

Disdainfully looks at Microsoft and Seagate

While still not cheap, since the market in my country is an absolute mess, a PS5 compatible SSD costs quite a bit less than an Xbox expansion card...

R$2072 = US$392

R$1469 = US$278

1 Like

Has anyone put a lower class SSD in the PS5 i mean its just a pcie interface

1 Like

Linus tech tips did, don’t remember the conclusion though.

1 Like

and…

1 Like

This guy did too, haven’t watched it yet, though…

1 Like

It worked with a warning.

1 Like

I mean just load the multiplayer single map games on the slower one and single player on the main internal drive probably fine

1 Like

As long as it doesn’t stutter and pop in textures, i’m good, hell, even on my PC i haven’t maxed my gen 3 SSD in games, i don’t think it ever hit max read speeds outside of benchmarks.

1 Like

Its going to matter more for first party exclusives I would guess. As like the new ratchet and clank would probably need something that fast to play it

1 Like

Uhhhg, a reminder of wanting to go Synology cause then a buddy and I can back each-other up (turn-key hyper backup and hyper backup vault).

Maybe a LVL1 TrueNAS write-up and trust can be setup for LVL1’ers that would like to do something similar?

1 Like