Podcasts

Hello world,

I have found myself not listening to podcasts anymore.

For a longwhile I would use Podcast Addict to listen to my favourites:
Adeptus Ridiculous, Switched on Pop, Star Wars Beyond the Films, Wan show and Waypoint radio.

Waypoint was almost daily so it was a bit though to keep up. The SW podcast would be twice a year. Also Lunduke journal was interesting with the tech news as it was a bit more indepth than Wan show and computer tech instead of Waveform. But I’ve also decided to remove it as it is less about tech these days and I’m disinterested.

I used to listen to podcasts when I was travelling, as I had my in ears. I would have a 30min walk to work and then back. Another 30min time to eat breakfast.

But ever since the in ears died, I have not really listened to podcasts, as I can watch videos instead or just enjoy real life when walking outside.

I also try to be more approachable, as I find headphone users not to be disturbed as they willingly put the headphones on to be in another world.

I do enjoy the people that I listen to, I don’t do much that would not require my full attention much, maybe dishes or cleaning but usually I have a video on. I haven’t stopped watch WAN show as that is my weekly dose of tech news.

Do you still listen to podcasts?
What podcasts do you listen to?
Which ones do you recommed?
How or when do you listen to podcasts?

The only podcasts that I listen to consistently is The Jeff Gerstmann Show. TJGS is about video games, but most importantly his voice is clear and easy to hear even on shitty speakers. Same with Darknet Diaries, though that is a lot more hit or miss when they have guests.

99% of my podcast time is while driving. If I’m doing anything else, I miss big chunks of whatever is playing while I focus.

1 Like

More of an audiobook guy at the moment as I’m very interested in the recent science around health biology, nutrition and diet because of the recent health episodes

I was actually browsing podcasts to take up this evening before bed but nothing really jumped out at me, also open to suggestions

For gaming I have Waypoint radio the people on the show are naturally funny and have not noticed them to force a joke. They do have distinct voices and a lot of character. They talk about games in a way that I can imagine them like old radio talking about things.

Tarducks Podcast is also about gaming which I haven’t listened to much.

In Waypoint radio they do talk about lifestyle a bit. The WAN show actually often has some good questions towards Linus and Luke about lifestyle so that is where I base my life around, more like active information than theoretical.

Maybe Talk Tuah also is having this. I heard that it is a very indepth podcast, have not listened to it yet.

I completely forgot that I used to listen to Rooster teeth podcast. Such a nice bunch. I miss that podcast.