Plex Media Server "Not authorized" reocuring

I currently have an ubuntu VM running my plex media server. And for the most part it works great, runs flawlessly. The only issue I have is that every couple months it decides to unclaim it’s self form my account? I’ll go to log into it and get this message:

"Not authorized
You do not have access to this server.

You may be able to claim it by choosing “Open Plex…” from the Plex menu in the macOS menu bar or Windows system tray. For more troubleshooting tips, see our support article."

The first time It happened I looked into it and found that this was apparently an intended thing after plex was hacked. Followed that they wanted, changed my password, edited the necessary files on my plex media server, restarted plex, and once it came back up I logged back in a claimed the server. I thought that would fix it permanently but it did not. Next time this same issue came up I re did the same thing. After a few more occurrences, I did the same thing and did all available updates to the server. As far as I can tell plex is running the newest version. Now today the issue has come up again and I can’t find anything online about why it keeps happening so I am hoping someone here has some incite.

Theres a 4 year long string of this being a continuous issue for a lot of people on reddit. Pretty usual recommendations from ‘get a new token’ to ‘your DNS needs corrected’ and my personal favorite ‘have you tried turning it off and on again?’

As a former plex user, the best thing i did was switch off of plex.

what did you end up switching to? Besides this one recurring issue, my plex has been really good to me for years but if this keeps up I may have to switch.

I am on Emby. But if i had to move today, JellyFin and Emby are both on par with Plex. Evaluate and see what you prefer. JellyFin is based off an old Emby, but the features across the 2 are somewhat different now so they are both worth a look.