[Please Help] Romed8-2t/bcm driver support/no VGA output anymore

Hey there!

I have a romed8-2t/bcm, which I just received yesterday, and now just finished with my build.

I installed windows server 2022 on this build, however I am struggling finding software support for this

Lacking lots of drivers, mainly VGA Driver and whatnot, which is second priority as of now.

I have an external “gaming” GPU installed, for some AI processing, an RX 7600 to be clear. However, although Windows recognizes the GPU correctly, and the GPU fans spin (not at 100%, in addition that windows/gpu-z is detecting it without any problems, and that I just bought it, I think the GPU is attached properly and is not defective), I can’t use my GPU as a passthrough, only the motherboard’s iGPU works.

Now I set the iGPU to “disable” in the bios, thinking maybe it will now output through the dGPU, sadly it still doesn’t.

Since I don’t have any video output now, I cleared/reset CMOS, yet the iGPU now also doesn’t output anything :cry:

I took out the battery, while the PSU is turned off, pressed the power button for a cycle etc., waited up to a minute with the battery out, still nothing, no output at all. The PC does still POST.

And the support for this motherboard by ASRock is really… disappointing.

First time server grade hardware buyer, and really not impressed so far. Well, user error is here too of course, but still, I would have expected some more modernity by such an expensive product/platform, more documentation, better support etc., I had to dig through the internet and install some HPE OEM stuff for several of the drivers, it took me sooooo long to find the correct versions/variants etc.

Well, number one priority is to get any output now that the iGPU won’t do so anymore either :frowning:

Could anyone help me out, please?
I am in a big hurry to get this PC up and running, as I will be overseas for an entire month starting from this Tuesday, and wellllll, it wouldnt be good if I don’t get things sorted out till then, because if I have to give some components back, by then, I won’t be able to anymore.

Thank you for any help in advance!

Tldr: dGPU not outputting anything, only iGPU, however gpu-z is detecting dGPU fine, set bios settings to disable iGPU, hoping it will output through dGPU, but no, both iGPU and dGPU outputting nothing, cleared CMOS, but iGPU still not outputting anything.
What could I do? Thanks!

EDIT:
I did a risky, and reset the CMOS while it was booting, after the first initialization or whatever it was called, and now it works again, however still only the iGPU displaying stuff, the dGPU still isn’t outputting anything

Given that you don’t have a lot of data on the system, I’d suggest dropping Win-OS for something else, like TrueNAS, Proxmox or even a plain Linux distro.

Hi!
Thank you for the suggestion :smile:

Unfortunately the software I necessarily need only works on windows/Windows server :confused:

Do you have any idea regarding the dGPU? As to why that doesn’t output a thing?

In the bios, i have no option to select “external” as GPU, do you think this motherboard doesn’t support any eGPUs? :sweat_smile:

Edit: HDMI works, display port doesn’t

Now remains the question about the drivers, it isn’t really usable at the forced resolution of 1024x768 and low refresh rate

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.