Please Help, Playing 8 year old Game at 1440p and drops frames

Please help me guys. I am playing a very old game. Burnout Paradise is a old 8 year old racing video game. I have a very powerful and capable computer to run a 8 year old game. I have a MSI R9 280X Twin Frozr 3GB. This card is a beast at running an 8 year old game. When I played Burn out Paradise at 1440p the game was dropping frames below 60fps but was getting above 30fps. This is a weird issue because the GTX 960 has similar performance to the R9 280X, In this video this person has a GTX 960 and is playing Burnout Paradise at 1440p 60fps no problem. Has the exact same settings as me, all max settings. So I assume this is a driver issue with the R9 280X. What drivers do I need to download so Burnout Paradise will play better? Also the audio is messed up too. Burnout Paradise is the only game that is giving me audio problems. I hear a buzzing noise from my monitor speakers whenever I play Burnout Paradise. I know there is nothing wrong with the monitor speakers. My monitor is the Acer H257HU. Here is the video of a person playing Burnout Paradise at 1440p with a GTX 960.

Well if they never bothered to fix it there's probably not much you could do. You could also try running at 4k lower setting with VSR

The GTX 960 can play Burnout Paradise at max settings at 1440p 60fps, why can't my MSI R9 280X Twin Frozr 3GB? Could it be a driver issue?

Here are my computer specs.

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 380T

CPU: i7 4790k 4.00GHz Quad Core

Motherboard: Asus H97I-Plus

Ram: 8GB

Hard Drives: 500GB HDD and 120 GB SSD Kingston

Power Supply: Corsair RM650 Watt (Modular)

Video Card: MSI R9 280X Twin Frozr 3GB GDDR5

Water Cooler: Corsair H60 CPU water cooler

Monitor: Acer H257HU

Might be a driver thing, you could try turning of SSAO apparently

"Well, I just updated my ATI/CCC drivers for 9.1 to 9.3 (Just released)
and the game is up and running like it SHOULD. I'm playing on the
system in my sig @1680x1050 all settings maxed, 4xAA and SSAO OFF, and
it hasn't dropped from 60FPS in the last 2 hours I've been playing.

TC, If your using and ATI card (as opposed to Nvidia), you can download the latest drivers here:
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/946234-burnout-paradise-the-ultimate-box/48631367

I already installed the latest driver from AMD website. Is there an older driver that is better at playing Burnout Paradise at 1440p 60fps?

I can't really imagine that installing an older driver unless there's serious issues with a new driver would ever help, you can certainly try, just look for a driver that came out shortly after the game I guess