Please help me deciper these Lyrics (ERRA)

I was intrigued when hearing some things here and there, especially given how powerful the song is. By the Metalcore band, ERRA.

How do you interpret the lyrics? Me? I'm fucking terrible deciphering lyrics. I may as well be reading poetry. Makes no sense to be 99% of the time. Anyway, lyrics are below.

I'm spiraling out of control, so you illuminate a clean slate.
You're lifting the weight that's diluting inspiration.

I WOKE WITH THE SUN IN MY FACE, MOUNTAINS BY MY SIDE, THE DESERT AIR PULLING THE BREATH FROM MY LUNGS!
I MAKE MY WAY THROUGH A BARREN LANDSCAPE, LITTERED WITH REMAINS OF PAST LIVES AND SHADOWS OF THE SCAVENGERS!

World passing by, leaving traces of shapes, blurring into memory. Dreaming of terrain that sustains, I wake up.

WAKE UP!
I'M LYING PARALLEL WITH THE LANDSCAPE!

There will always be a void to be filled.
Illuminate a clean slate.
Keep lifting the weight THAT IS DILUTING INSPIRATION!

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A VOID WITH NO PERMANENT FIX! SHIFTING OF PUZZLE PIECES TO SIMULATE A WHOLE!

World passing by, leaving traces of shapes, blurring into memory. Dreaming of terrain that sustains, I wake up (WAKE UP!) to a world that's unfamiliar.
We leave, and then we go back like we never left home (LIKE WE NEVER LEFT!).
We go back like we never left home (LEFT HOME!).

WHEN WILL WE WAKE THE FUCK UP!?

PARALLEL WITH THE LANDSCAPE, I LIE AWAKE WITH DIMINISHING DESIRE TO ALWAYS SEEK ESCAPE FROM A HOME WHERE I FEEL SOUND AND SAFE!

World passing by, leaving traces of shapes, blurring into memory. Dreaming of terrain that sustains, I wake up.
Wake up. When will we all wake up?

DIMINISHED DESIRE TO ALWAYS SEEK ESCAPE!!! to a world that's unfamiliar. We leave, and then we go back like we never left home (LIKE WE NEVER LEFT!). We go back like we never left.

Hmm... Seems to me like it's about starting afresh, returning from a state of depression into newly found life. Lamenting the lack of desire people have for trying new things, experimenting and exploring but rather stick strictly to what they know and even when they do try, they don't continue to pursue it and attempt to make the world a better place. Something like that anyway.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I can't believe I never thought of it that way. I THINK that lyrics, for the most part, have always been up to interpretation. I BELIEVE that's always been the case, unless I'm wrong.

Although despite that, I think that my mind always finds a way for lyrics to have a far more epic meaning. AHAHAHA! At least given if the song happens to be so powerful. Call me crazy... but my interpretation:

I didn't get anything in regards to depression out of it. Interesting way of interpreting it might I add. I overall get a theme of life evolving. Especially when looking at the album cover. I see the jellyfish and I think of how it's such a time capsule of evolution. It hasn't changed much in millions of years. According to scientists, anyway. When the harsh vocals come along, I really interpret it as life evolving from the water to the land.

Did I suffer an instant DMT trip while listening to this song?

And just for everyone to take note of. I think we should do this more often. More lyrical analytics!