Please delete

Is there some sort of hack Nvidia Driver that will allow me to use my 690 for one display and my 390 for my main display?

The 690 is being detected, but wont play with the AMD.

Running two monitors.

Thanks you folks.

1 Like

No. This is not possible.

To get the two cards in the same system you'll have to install Nvidia drivers before AMD drivers. Other than that? Not entirely sure they can both be used for display purposes.

Theoretically with DX12 as long as the multiGPU thing is in the game you could be able to use different GPUs together even from different manufacturers. IIRC there's only 1 game that has this option, maybe a few obscurer ones.

EDIT: If I'd read the question from OP first, I'd have agreed...

1 Like

Didn’t Linus do a video showing an NVidia and an AMD card running at the same time? Surely it’s just a lack of drivers for the AMD card that’s stopping it from being recognised. I’d’ve thought it would just work if they were both plugged in to separate displays.

There are ways to let you use AMD card as a primary renderer and an Nvidia card as a dedicated Physx but the last I’ve read up on this mods were like back in the Catalyst driver days, I’m not sure about Crimson drivers.

This can be done in Linux with virtualization and pass-through. One card for one os and one card for the other. That would be the only way. It will not work in windows the same way. Unfortunately Windows groups all displays into one group so when the driver install sees one or the other it freaks out… Though you might if you can isolate executing one driver on one graphics card so it doesn’t see the other I. E right click and run with graphics processor “x” you might be able to accomplish driver installs but there will be conflicts

Heimdallr has the best answer, linux is fucking sick yo.

But there is also this thing I remebered:

1 Like

Back in the day it was a thing but not so much these days. Pretty sure people used a modded driver for physix with AMD when they had an nvidia GPU in as well.

You can on Mac but one card can only be a compute unit.

Actually this can be done in Linux even without virtualization. It’s a non-standard X configuration, however, and will probably feel a little bit hacky. Basically you just can create two distinct X screens each with their own monitor and device in your xorg.conf. The limitation is that they’re treated almost like two distinct X sessions rather than a single shared desktop. If you start an application on your left monitor then it stays on the left monitor…there is literally no way to move it to the right monitor short of closing it down an restarting it. You can move your mouse cursor between monitors to change focus at least.