Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

DRM-FREE. Pre-orders open

Didn’t like the first one… Still a new rpg with Linux support :grin:

1 Like

I didn’t enjoy the combat mechanics of the first game that much, Divinity 2 does a better job in this regard. But still, it has a refreshingly different story so I’ll probably pick it up. I don’t know if I’m going to preorder it, or wait for a discount…

What didn’t you like about it?

I’m a fanboy, so I’m inherently biased.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/paradox-bundle-2018 First one is part of a bundle at the moment for those who don’t have it

1 Like

@Azulath

Same here, didn’t like it overall when putting older titles to compare, like BG,Planescape etc. It’s for Linux though, that alone means supported…

@anon79053375

Spoiler incoming !

The story, the ending where if i remember correctly the argument was whether or not the final character believed in a god, or was a god. The argument seemed irrelevant, for a final battle…

Though there were some awesome things about it too, the tree. The talking statue / castle and the overall length of the title.

Why are you so inherently biased towards it?

@Bruger
Fair enough. I’m not a fan of most game’s endings. You know what they say, something something about the journey something something not the destination :grin:

It really tickles my pickle. I loved, LOVED Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, and Tyranny. For me, Pillars of Eternity offered a good mix of the three (I know it was before Tyranny): I liked the sense of wonder, the scope of the world, the dialogue, the story, just everything. It was the first RPG in a long, long time outside of the Dragon Age trilogy I’ve put so much time into. Even then, DA:O was still the best, imo, and the one I spent a lot of time in.

1 Like

boo… preorder. No way man ! But its gog :frowning: conflicted

2 Likes

The whole Multi-Class system has me waiting to see. Not saying I dislike the idea, but something like that can mess with the mechanics pretty badly. Does seem to be more of the first with higher levels attainable so I probably will buy it, after reviews like 99% of every I do buy.

Game looks like it will be good, I enjoy this genre, and new game release on GOG with Linux support is a big plus. I’m still torn on this because I want to support those good points but it’s preorder.

The genre is awesome :grin:

I usually do not support pre-order in most cases yet, when i see Linux support and is high potential buy then i reconsider for sure

The Deadfire title, kind of gives a lot of it away so i looked up the companies behind it and on the gog page it looks like
Obsidian Entertainment / Paradox Interactive

Obsidian, are beyond awesome. So i’ll support them for sure