Pi-KVM

I was wondering if you could do a video on the Pi-KVM. Here’s a demo from the dev from a few months back. Since the store carries KVMs, I thought you might be interested in covering it. Looks really cool :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yes please!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Apparently there’s another very similar project called TinyPilot! Here’s a demo from the dev.

On a side note, both the dev demo videos were uploaded within weeks of each other. I think this is a great example of simultaneous discovery. The combination of release of RPi 4 and being stuck at home is leading to solutions to outstanding problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does this require that teh target computer has a HDMI out/GPU inside?

Looks fricken amazing, especially the bios screen, for systems without impi/BMC

Pi, HDMI…this is what rich people use…
When you want real bargain you go ATMEGA:

Seem like still WIP tho :wink:

4 Likes

Rats, no use for what I was thinking; needs gpu. oh well, two really awesome projects though, thanks anyway!!

[Edited]

There are some $50 gt-710 gpus that are pcie x1, for example: https://www.asus.com/uk/Graphics-Cards/GT710-4H-SL-2GD5/

It still needs some physical space and is sadly not a low profile card :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, if I had slots, would have got one of those. I got a USB3 GPU adapter, but it does not do the bios bit.
Not the end of the world, and totally first world issue, but I chose a board without a BMC, so am not complaining.

Also, if it was that important, I’d switch up one of the HBA’s I do have to one with double the ports, even if it would have been 4- to 10- times the price.
Totally not the end of the world

How about using m.2 and some kind of “riser cable?”

1 Like

What do you mean? 5 minutes with hacksaw and it will be, i he doesn’t need 4 DPs :wink:

the pi-kvm and a l1 kvm seems like a interesting combo to have a poor mans KVM solution??
(dp to hdmi adapter work right?)
@wendell

1 Like

dp to hdmi converter wont work unless its usb powered externally. otherwise yepneat.

1 Like

The latest iteration looks pretty slick:

1 Like