Phenom II X4 965 BE vs FX-4100

Recently I discovered my cpu had malfunctioned, I had an FX-4100 and it was not brilliant if I am honest as I mostly used it for games like Metro 2033, BF3, GTA IV, Skyrim, Borderlands 2 and Bioshock infinte. So Idecided to RMA it back to the distributor and in the meantime I am wondering whther or not the Phenom II X4 965 BE is any better. I have used it in a build for a friend but never seen it in action. Is it an actual upgrade or downgrade? Currently I have another build which has an FX-8350 and that works really well and overclocks very nicely.

If youre not using the FX-8350 build GET the phenom || x4 965 BE its more powerfull than the FX-4100 because the FX-4100 is a dual core but with AMDs hyperthreading (and  dont know what they use in theyr FX series) the cores,you see it as a quad core!Meanwhyle the Phenom has 4 real cores into it!

Its cheaper too so if you havent desidet on what your motherboard wold be then go to the motherboard forum or hardwear forum to ask for help.

I hope ive been helpfull and good luck :)

Thanks for the help

Yeah I dont use the FX-8350 it's my brothers 

I already have an ASUS M5A97 AM3+ Board so I'll get the phenom with a CM Hyper 212 evo cooler

the fx-4100 will be a bit more power efficient,overclockable and run cooler

according to cpubenchmark.net the FX-4100 scores a 4023 while the phenom ii x4 gets 4319 but the 4300 is about the same price now and it scores a 4772

You do have a point there i havent seen anything about the FX-4300 but i did hear somewere that it cold be better but i dont think so.

well the benchmarks say the 4300s so id go with that

apparently the fx can handle a bit more heat too

the Fx6300 is about 10 dollars more then a Fx4300 its worth the money realy ☺

If you're going to get the 965 BE get a aftermarket cooler. I have the 965 BE and the stock one is insanely loud.