Phenom II 925

I am looking into buying this CPU for one of my computers, I would of course be looking at overclocking it. My question is, since this is not a Black Edition, can I still get it to 4.0? Or would the multiplier have to be higher?

get a black edition.

I don't wish to spend the extra money if I don't have to.

Get a black edition trust me, and you mean 4.0ghz? if you're on air you should be able to get their with the Phenom II 965 125watts...definitely on the 965 140watts.

I have the 955 and I can get to 4.0ghz on air but it can't get past prime 95...so I'm stuck at 3.8ghz.

Make sure you get OCZ sticks or one with good timings.

AMD 720

thats my answer to every gaming CPU question atm

yes get the 720 its cheaper and as good even with one less core

BLACK EDITION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit, I guess I'll get the Black Edition 940. That would be able to get to 4.0+ right, I'm getting it a Xigmatek Dark Knight.

3.6 - 3.8 jiggahertz

What motherboard are you using?

I'm so happy you just said Jiggahertz, anyway I'm using the MSi nf980-g65. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5019771&CatId=4296

I want to get to 4.0 DAMMIT.

why do you want to get to 4.0 so bad anyway? I'm sure its possible since I've seen people get to 4.0 with a v8 with the 940.

why do you want to get to 4.0 so bad anyway? I'm sure its possible since I've seen people get to 4.0 with a v8 with the 940.

I love GameRiot. I want 4.0 because it would be fun.

Get ocz sticks and if you're good at tweaking you could probably pull it off, 2 of the same processor might have different results. I can't vouch for the dark knight...I roll with the black edition megahalem. I'm posting a video in the blog soon.

I was going to get Gskill Reaper, however I'll look for OCZ. Thanks for the help, why would it differ between 940 and 955?

955 am3 ddr3 940 am2+ ddr2. get the 955 since you can use in the future

Doesn't the 940 have both a DDR3 and DDR2 memory controller, if not then shit...

No its a AM2+ CPU, not a AM3

Ah, I see, 955 it is. Thanks for the help guys.