Phanteks Evolv ITX with a r9 290 vapor x

Hi Guys

Currently rocking a 250D and like the look of the Evolv ITX. Just wondering if the 290 Vapor x will fit. It looks like the thickness of the card might be too much. Thanks in advance!

DM

The Evolv only supports 2 slot gpu's, the 290 Vapor X is a (close to) triple slot gpu. So no it wont fit.

Yes I would highly recommend a 2 slot GPU for easy of installation and practicality. I managed to fit my Vapor -X in there only because I took the time to bend the metal that is below the motherboard along with using some low density foam as a spacer to raise where the GPU sits above the hard drive cage. I can post pics in a bit.

The 290/290x Vapor-X or Tri-X card is a 2 and a half inch card. the card is technically a 2 slot card. but the coolor is thick so it appears to look like it's three slots. but it's not. it the 290 will fit in the Evolv ITX just fine.

Yes the Vapor X does fit in the Evolve ITX but will make a horrible grinding sound if the metal at this point is not bent down

Mainly at this point where it is raised up

I own the Tri-X 290. it's not going to grind on anything. you seem to forget that the card will have a bit of space cause of the PCi-e slot. it's not going to touch or grind against anything. plus the card has a minor gap anyways. I'm 100% positive that it is fine.

Practically zero airflow to that card. I'd be curious to know the temps they were getting under load...if they even tried

You do know there is a vent under the GPU slots right?

I never mentioned the Tri-X cooler, I am referring to the Vapor-X cooler, the blue one. Tri-X will fit just fine.

The Tri-X and Vapor-X cards are identical in size. One card has a vapor chamber (Vapor-X) the Tri-X doesn't. Either way, the Vapor-X will fit in the case just fine, like i continue to reiterate.

I just got done transferring my build to the Evolv ITX
https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/transferring-build-to-smaller-superior-case-pic-heavy-15mb/82764

Here is also the comparison between the R9 290 Tri-X and Vapor-X coolers.

I had some trouble properly fitting the R9 290 Vapor-X in the RVZ01B.
Either way I would choose the Tri-X cooler over the Vapor-X in this case.

1 Like

yeah leading to the top of the PSU lol and a drive cage

I ran an XFX DD R9 290 in this case and it throttled like a bitch, it was pegged at ~90C in no time when benchmarking

I know the Tri-X has a better cooler on it but I'm still very skeptical of it actually running well in this case

I just got done playing a session on GTA V at 3200x1800 with GPU fluctuating from 50% to 100% usage. My fan curve is set up to be at 80% fan speed at 80 degrees Celsius. The Core maintain a temp of 77-78 degrees Celsius during that time.
I would only assume that the Tri-X cooler will be around 82-83C in the same scenario.

EDIT:
I let my card idle around 50 degrees Celsius in the Evolv ITX since I maintain low fan speeds.