PERC 6/i RAID controller unrecognized by Fedora

I’ve run into a really odd problem. Well, more of a head scratcher, since it’s hardly mission critical. I’ve got two contemporaneous RAID controllers, the rather capable PERC 6/i and the modest SAS 6/iR. Since I’ve got some <2TB drives floating about, I thought I’d take the opportunity to pick up a bit about RAID. With the SAS 6/iR I set up a RAID 0 array no problem, both Windows and F33 recognized it without a problem.

Continuing my experiments, I decided to try the PERC in the SAS 6/iR’s place. I was able to import the array (!) and then boot into Windows as if nothing had changed. The weirdness started when I booted into Linux. There was no sign of the the virtual volume, the physical disks or even the PCIe card itself. Abso-freaking-lutely nothing. Tried twiddling a number of settings with MegaCLI, up to and including flashing the thing with LSI firmware. The drives never showed back up until I dropped the lesser card back in.

Anybody got a clue why this might be? I’m certainly stumped…

You may get inspiration here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ie/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=3p52k

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.