Peltier Thermos Cooler

Hey guys I think I want to start a project with Peltier modules. They will be able to heat or cool a thermos.

Here is the parts list
-Vktech TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Cooler Heat Sink 12V 5.8A 5Pcs

$11.35
-Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound, 3.5 Grams

$6.95
-3 way switch to switch between off/cool/heat.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CK-Components/L101011MS02Q/?qs=LgMIjt8LuD9j8DCrk%2FIjYQ%3D%3D&kpid=85921400&gclid=CjwKEAjwxMetBRDJx6Sz2p7DsQ0SJADJHAqNPcIMjrsP8RGLQxike7LhOQhfps9R6pI5ItptOAw3SRoCEa3w_wcB
$1.74
-Transistors

$5.16
-Wire

$20
-Thermos

$26
-9 Volt Duracell Alkaline Batteries Coppertop 4 Pack MN1604

$8.15

Total-$79.35

Wasnt sure what catagory to put this under.

Nice project & good luck! But where will you put the peltier element so that it can cool the inside?

Some way I would like to put it inside the thermos insulation.

Ok, but you will lose the vacuum - so isolation will suffer (might not matter with a thermoelectric element to cool it, though).

I believe that @GigaBusterEXE has been messing with peltiers recently. Perhaps you guys can compare notes.

I got that 5pack of 12706's and they're good

though I don't think you can reverse which side is hot/cold without physically flipping it over, and I believe the side with the numbers is the cold side

and you will need hotplate to spread the heat and act as a buffer, remember its not a good idea to get the lower amperage ones above 80c

I couldn't make a hotplate for a candle running at 3.3V/6A/19.8W because it wouldn't transfer the heat fast enough, I'd need a lower amperage/voltage

a thermos would have a different composition than a thick glass and wax candle though so Idk

Well to be honest after talking to my friends everybody would prefer a drone project so the mug one will be for another day while we biuld a drone. I was thinking though to have two of the unit on a thermos, one for cooling, one for heating. When the one would be cooling it could transfer some of its heat to the other one to generate power for more efficiancy. I might still have to play around with these, maby implement them somehow into the drone lol.

With a few transistors and a switch the current could be activated on either the cooling one or the heating one.