PCIe SSD or NVME on Dell PowerEdge T430

I recently got a Dell T430 Tower server I plan to turn into a Proxmox VE and use the drives as ZFS storage but while I am able to find answers to most things I am having issues with this last part. I understand from reading that the Dell T430 does not support booting from or install NVME drives in a conventional sense. But I have read that some people have gotten PCIe NVME or Risers working with the system so long as they are not the boot drive.

I have two SAS SSDs I am booting from and 6 spinning drives I plan to convert into a ZFS array. I am interested in having a SLOG cache for that array. I understand that SLOG does not use more then 16gb of space so size is not an issue but endurance is. And SATA (which I could use) is not known for endurance. But I could get enterprise NVME drives like a small optane disk with very high endurance and speed… but I wonder if anyone had any experience using something like that with a T430.

I am finding very little information online or in Dell’s support forums so I thought I would ask here. Do you believe it’s worth it to do so and if so, what would you do in my place?