PCIe/SATA Backplane Wiring Question

Got a 2.5" Backplane here.
Wont work with 12v+5v drives, could just be missing components, could be deeper.

Wanted to know if anyone is familiar with the PCIe spec or SATA spec to be able to easily/visually say for sure if its just a missing components (for the 12v rail) situation.

Only 2 pictures due to new user status (sorry, I lurked for years… loved my Rant:30 shirt BTW) but I have a few more (horrible quality as well).

EDIT: Learning more as I go, search terms are what fcked me in the first place, at least in understanding that PCIe should be 12v and 3.3v, so its possible it has 12v to 5v but not 12v to 12v?

Was there any model names/ system names? Did you get the backplanes off EBay, where it might have anything listed?
Because some guys might know from model number?
Also, the board you plug it into, it does connect both sides?

To answer your questions.
The model number on it only points to the device name it goes into which isn’t helpful as documentation on the WHY or the specifications for it are not something the company will release.

I did already try searching all I could with what little is there, but it all leads back to MFG with no actual info on it.

Def not eBay if the above doesn’t speak to that, and yes, both sides connect in, would have to if i simply go by the traces on the back else it would only be able to run 3 drives of the 6.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.