PC vs. Console

Heh, I went to pick up Diablo 3 a few weeks back when they where releasing a CoD game and when they asked what I was at GameStop for with the line to the door they all looked at me like I was stupid and that was a funny experiance. I play PC, 3DS, PS3. I can get my old games onto the PC. Grand turismo on ps3 and a bunch of interesting odds and ends on the 3DS like educational games like math games and language games, but you can't make mee tayk speelyng damhit!

Game controllers just don't do it for me with FPS's. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark using 2 controllers was good but it just never became natural to the point where I could stop noticing the controller on any other games.

I find the arguement over gamepad vs keyboard + mouse redundant. Keyboards and Mice are considered to be the pinicle in percision gaming and are basically the best when to comes to shooters and rts/mmorpg. Case in point shooters, mmorpgs, and rts games =/= the entire breadth of gaming, a fair chunk but not the entire scope, action-rpg, platforming, racing, arcade games, sports sims are all equally enjoyable/playable on a gamepad. So to say "controllers are a con" or "no controllers is a con" is flat out ignorant. You could phrase it as PC Pro: The ability to use any controller available on the market, or Console Con: Limited to the use of a controller and third party accessories (fightstick, racing wheels, ddr pads).

Just wanted to make the point.

Also fighting games! That's a whole genre of games that is largely ignored on PC since fighters don't work with a keyboard, there's no fighting game community and you have to buy a gamepad if you want the same level of playability as a console (then step up to a fightstick once you decide you want to sink $200 into your hobby). 

I like the Numpad for fighting games especialy on WoopAss and Melty blood, Been to long since I had Mugen working. but if you look around there are more fighting games on PC than console. You would be suprised with what you can do with the number pad, Most the fighting games I grew up with were on PC.

Personaly I always found it to work better to have left hand flight stick right hand mouse for FPS's a bit slower but you already got a flight stick in your hand if you jump into a jet or something.

I would like thank the people who actually contributed. I was simply asking for [b]objective[/b] facts, no wars. I am arbitrary on this subject and just wanted input. 

I like a lot of people started gaming with a console. To date I still have my PS2 and PS3 which I honestly use for certain games. Tomb Raider was one of my favourite early games and many others. I use a computer now for most of my games today but it does not stop me from getting out the Play Station when my son comes over and he kicks my ass in a 2 person game.

Well, in the end, it's all a matter of preference. Some people will like gamepads, some the keyboard+ mouse combo( my gear). But what I don't understand is why can't people just get along? They're still both gaming platforms. They have gaming commmunities. They have awesome games. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. In the end, even if you're a console gamer or PC gamer, you're still a gamer at heart

Bingo Z. It's like Fan Boys screaming "mine is better than yours." Laura Croft might have square hips but I still love looking for secrets under rocks no matter how clean the graphics are. In fact, to date I still have not found all the secrets in Tomb Raider 1.

Heck, most of the legendary games are from consoles.

Like Mario( whichever one). Fact: one of the hardest gaming achievements there is is in the Mario game. Which, if I remember correctly, is to finish the game, with all coins, power-up, 1ups, no deaths, and killing every enemy. And, again if I remember correctly, only a handful of people have done so.

Pong.

Space Invaders.

And a lot more.

The Tek says they disapprove of fanboys, but a considerable amount here are PC fanboys, with some who practically say " fuck consoles"

to date I still got NES, SNES, PS1, PS3, Genesis, 2 DC, Nintendo DS, 3DS, 3DS XL, GBC, GBA. gave away all my old dead PSX and PS2's to my friend to fix and use, and his uncle stole my N64. JRPG's killed all of my PS2's. somehing about playing 40 hours strait does that to them fro some reason. Makai Kingdom, Disgaea, and Xenosaga come to mind.

ssshhhhhh

no offence to people that use consoles as its your choice at the end of the day. but i hate consoles, they have been holding back developement in the gaming world for years and it sucks, also the console platform has given corparations more room to breath to realese crap title's and be greedy with milking the consumer for as much cash as possible than the pc ever has. i could speculate to why that is but i would end up takking jabs at most console user's for being dumbasses. but i digress.