PC mod inspired by The Witcher 3 - recently completed my new build

I’ve been wanting to build in an Evolv Shift for a while - it’s a small case with a lot of glass, and I felt would be a good challenge to build in. My son recently bought the case for me; this is the result.

Parts list here. Some of the core components (CPU, mobo) are from a previous build, so not everything is brand new, but it works great for me. Planning on upgrading the GPU when the next gen comes out, and prices settle down some.

13 Likes

Looks great, ive wanted to make a new ryzen 2 system in that case but I feel the airflow with a gpu in their will get quite stuffy. Been thinking of ways to to enhance airflow by either adding small nocuan fans above the motherboard or by drill some holes in the cable plate under the Mobo for some small noctua fans to be installed to help move air. would love to see if that can be done. Hope the temps are doing great for you, also if you add a gpu you gotta make a custom backplate for it with that same design in the third picture :+1:

1 Like

Will definitely be using this GPU backplate on my next card, or will make another one just like it to fit the new card.

Airflow is really a challenge in this case. You have to go with a really small GPU - I had an MSI R9 390 in there at first, but it barely squeezed in there, and the temps were not viable. The EVGA 1050ti I’m using currently does fine, runs at about 82 playing The Witcher 3 in 1080p on high settings.

The CPU does fine, as the AIO seems to get sufficient air. My CPU is overclocked to 4.8 GHz - idles at about 26, runs in the 40s while gaming. Running Prime95 blended test I get about 80 - tried the small FFTs but it hit 95 immediately, so didn’t push that test.

1 Like

S6R4nW1

3 Likes

As usual that is some fantastic work

2 Likes

Thank you! This is only the third PC I’ve modded, but I feel I’m getting the hang of it. Bad thing is, I’ve run out of PCs to mod, so I’ll be on hiatus for a while, I guess.

1 Like

:face_with_monocle::ok_hand:

1 Like

This is some excellent work! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

That AIO medallion is great idea, we steals it

1 Like