Pc goes off

My pc:
Seasonic PRIME TX-850 80Plus Titanium 850W
10850K stock 4800mhz stock Kraken X73 good temps
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming ( 2x8 pin , 2 separate cables )
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD

I have question. When i normally shutdown pc,monitor goes black ( no flicker ) and pc goes off.

Week ago i launched Metro Exodus and in cinematic advertisement part ( 30 fps ) pc just shutdown. And then i remember after maybe 10 seconds monitor just flickered once.
I pressed only power button, rebooted again and its fine again. Happened once and i cant reproduce.
Happened after launching game on intro advertisements part. I tried to reproduce issue by launching game 400 times and no shutdowns. It happened once.

My question is. It was pc issue or maybe voltage fluctuation?

Laptop and router dont notice anything.
I had laptop connected to other power cord but laptop doesnt go to battery mode in this moment ( i checked event logs ). Also router plugged to wall dont disconnect internet.
Meanwhile laptop was on power ( no battery mode ) ,router on and ceiling lamps was on when i fast flip the switch on.

I think it was not overcurrent protection getting triggered.
That causes complete shutdown of PSU needing power cycling to clear it.
I don’t have to flip switch.

PS:
Also tested all other games,no issues.

But why that monitor flicker?

Did you run it in a different resolution prior to shutdown?

Its just a random glitch, dont let it bother you too much. When you see powershell open up randomly, thats when you should worry…

1 Like

the same resolution prior to shutdown

its the psu. the seasonic tx850 has an issue with the 3090/3090ti.
it cant increase peak volts quick enough resulting in the gpu becoming unstable and shutting off the machine.

the solution, reduce the load on the gpu till you can replace your psu with a 1000w unit.
how. run at max native res of your monitor. but set it to 60hz.
then when your playing games turn off things like raytracing, physics. and high end post processing.
now limit your game to 60fps.

if your lucky and the game isnt to demanding it should play fine.

also… what you doing?

but why monitor flickered after 10 seconds after shutdown? When i normal shutdown pc monitor will not flicker.

Hi. I had an shutdown 4 days ago during launching game. I launched Metro Exodus and after cinematic part pc just shutdown. I pressed power button ,rebooted again and its fine again. Also monitor flickered 10 seconds after shutdown

Seasonic TX-850W and Rtx 3090 Gigabyte stock

Also when i cut power for 1 second by turning OFF/ON switch in power cord pc restarting,not shutting down.

Is this possible that was a brief power outage or brownout? I ask because In my room i had laptop on connected to other power cord in this moment, and in eventlogs there was not log about power mode changing to battery. Also router plugged to wall dont turned off, because WIFI was active on laptop ,though.
Is this possible that only pc was affected due to brownout?Pc turns off only.
Or maybe not and psu issue?

Also when i cut power for 1 second by turning OFF/ON switch in power cord pc restarting,not shutting down.

Get a battery backup for your +$2,500 PC

It was already suggested here in your other thread…

Is this possible that only pc was affected due to brownout?And not laptop and router.
And why he shutted down and not restarted?

Is this the same issue as your other thread?

Your laptop has a build in Battery. Consumer Routers and their PSUs sometimes have enough capacitor storage in them to survive 5 second voltage dips.

[quote=“sew3333, post:1, topic:180516”]
i had laptop on connected to other power cord in this moment, and in eventlogs there was not log about power mode changing to battery.
[/quote] i had laptop on connected to other power cord in this moment, and in eventlogs there was not log about power mode changing to battery.

i had laptop on connected to other power cord in this moment, and in eventlogs there was not log about power mode changing to battery.

I think the 3090 is asking too much in spikes to the PSU and the PSU is having none of that. That doesen’t mean the PSU is bad, it’s just not made to handle those spikes.
If you get a 1200+ W PSU you should not see any unexpected shutdowns anymore.

I think it was not overcurrent protection getting triggered.

That causes complete shutdown of PSU needing power cycling to clear it.

I don’t have to flip switch.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.