PC for Gaming, Recording/Streaming 1500€ budget

Thanks for those sheets, i couldnt find them that quickly.
I have the ratings somewhere but couldnt find it.
Since i normally dont care too much about lowend stuff.

Basically the ON Semi is really poor

1 Like

Yeah, Well the 4C10N is a popular budget mosfet that is sometimes used in a memory vrm.
Because memory vrm´s dont really need to be that overlly beefy.
For example the Sapphire RX580 / RX570 pulse cards use this fet for memory vrm and Aux vrm aswell.

The Nikos fets used on the Msi am4 boards arent that great either.
But on those particular boards i mentioned above, they have doubled up the components on each phase.
So yeah putting enough budget fets on a phase, then combined they dont suck as bad basiclly.

1 Like

I think we'll have to stop hijacking this mans thread :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:
Well I'd rather run the 1700 at stock than an OC'd 1600X since video encoding can really take advantage of those extra two cores. Gaming will probably always be very reliant on single core performance but it should still be fine.

1 Like

Yep sorry i agree on that.

Allthough i do try to convice topic starter to not go overly cheap on a motherboard.

1 Like

Regarding the PSU you don't want to have a PSU that's working 100% every time the PC is under load. The continuous strain can break it a take other components in the grave with it. Also the peak efficiency of a PSU it's not at 100% but around 70-80% so a good 600-650W PSU will be more efficient and last significantly longer than a 400W that's working hard to keep up with the demand.
You should also take into consideration that there might be spikes that will take the system even over the maximum power draw under full load for shot periods of time.

P.S. what you read usually on components it's not the power consumption but the Thermal Design Power, which is the maximum amount of heat a component will produce when under full load.

I'm still pretty sure that 400W would be fine (edit: according to a measurement by catsay his system can peak to 400W under, I assume, a worst case synthetic load so it would be pretty close) since the average power draw under full load is 200W - 300W but as this build is not for myself I should really go with the safe route. I'll probably go with this Seasonic PSU instead:

The person I'm building for doesn't know what mining is. I'm pretty sure he just wants to start a game, select max settings and be done with it. And a 1070 should handle anything that isn't 4k.

Regarding the HDDs, HGST was my first choice as well but I wasn't sure which ones to get so I just picked some WD Reds :smiley: I should probably swap those out for HGST drives though.